• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have he Burgman 400 scooter and absolutely love it. My son, who happens to have a Harley, has never ridden with me. My Burgman gets 69 MPG. Like the Elio, scooters are cool.
I had a sh150 Honda scooter and my wife had a pcx 125 Honda until just recently. I averaged in the mid 90s and the wife's got between 100-110mpg! We could get up 60mph and go just about anywhere. We're hoping to get some of that fun and MPG back with the Elio! It still won't be a scooter though, eh?

folgers

Elio Fan
Reaction score
:cool: not for this first model,but future ones..a passenger door on the right side,turbo charger,towing package(adjustable rear shock,trailer hitch)and a air horn with programmable tunes based on mood.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
would you pay a little more to get LED lighting and NEVER have to replace bulbs ?

would you pay a little more for a frame built from ALUMINUM and substantially reduce weight (increase mileage) ?

would you pay a little more for a choice of interior color/fabric ?

would you pay a little more for a bluetooth interface (eliminate the dashboard dials) and just have a place for your iPhone (Samsung) too sit and be plugged in with music / gps / phone / etc ?

where is the radio antenna ? do we REALLY still need a CD/radio ??

is there a USB PLUG ??

what about a specific section where everyone can list what they want (and willing to pay extra for ) ??

has anyone created an aftermarket company to custom outfit an Elio ?

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
would you pay a little more to get LED lighting and NEVER have to replace bulbs ?

would you pay a little more for a frame built from ALUMINUM and substantially reduce weight (increase mileage) ?
NO
would you pay a little more for a choice of interior color/fabric ?
YES
would you pay a little more for a bluetooth interface (eliminate the dashboard dials) and just have a place for your iPhone (Samsung) too sit and be plugged in with music / gps / phone / etc ?
NO
where is the radio antenna ? do we REALLY still need a CD/radio ??
Some do
is there a USB PLUG ??
NO, don't need one myself

what about a specific section where everyone can list what they want (and willing to pay extra for ) ??
YES
has anyone created an aftermarket company to custom outfit an Elio ?
Cart before the Horse...not needed yet.

c0yote

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
LEDs do have an end of life (L70) and the drivers will typically need to be replaced before then. Unless you're buying high output bulbs with short lifespans, I don't think this upgrade would pay off, given the typical upgrade costs for LED headlights. Where LEDs would make sense is on the wheel skirts, where vibration would kill a traditional lamp.
Would prefer my frame to a bit stronger than aluminum.
Selling a car without gauges sounds unsafe and possibly in conflict with state vehicle laws.
I no longer use CD's but I still use my radio, there are sports you can't stream without paying extra for, there are HD channels in my area that play songs without commercials or DJ's.
Yes I would use a USB plug, but I've got a $5 lighter-to-usb adapter that works as well.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the point of view of a motorcycle rider Quality LED's are the only way to go. Halogen get way to hot and do not last, none of the others put out the light or last as long. LED's have come way down in price now.
For turn signal and other light conversion take a look at JAMSTRIGHT . Direct replacement no wiring to do.
http://www.jamstrait.com/products.html

Sidecar Bob

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you want LED lights , buy the base model and change it to your hearts desire.
Remember EM is trying to meet the $ 6800. goal. That is the plan for all buyers.
Then the owners can add individual options to suit their needs and budget.
Many options will be available from EM and given a little time many will be after market.

Bob

Top Bottom