• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been closely monitoring at this site and others regarding wish lists. And of course answers from the Elio team. If any you own a bike and it was purchased new, remember the price $$ and then if you started to see accessories, remember how you dressed up your machine. It was an on going exercise until you got it right. In my case back in 1988 I purchase a 1500cc Gold Wing, which set me back 10K, base price, then I started adding to it ( you name it and I had it) after a year it totaled out at 17K........Elio is priced at $6800, add-ons $$$$$ for the guys that want something different than the basic car. Based upon what Team Elio is saying in posts regarding add-ons, I'll bet to dress this beauty up the end results will be somewhere around 10 to 12K....Hey that's what it's all about , tailor it to your own personal taste, but don't keep asking for these accessories to be included in the car. In my case I want cruise control ( may or may not be included in price ), I also want an auto tranny cost $350-500 as per Mr.Elio, upgraded radio another 100 bucks, leather seat $350 someone wants a red paint job extra $$ and it goes on and on....We all want it at $6800 and the design team can only do so much with the budget. It's nice to dream..... but remember the $$$

Worth reviewing this earlier post.................. :)

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There seem to be a misperception that the Elio is 'Painted' whereas the body panels are made of composite plastic resins
& the color is throughout the panel so a scratch is the same color, etc. Here is some info., re. the supplier, from The Elio Club.

This was covered in some detail in another thread. The information was that the panels are stamped/vacuum formed composite, but they would be painted as the colored composite finish is poor compared to a standard painted finish.

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been closely monitoring at this site and others regarding wish lists. And of course answers from the Elio team. If any you own a bike and it was purchased new, remember the price $$ and then if you started to see accessories, remember how you dressed up your machine. It was an on going exercise until you got it right. In my case back in 1988 I purchase a 1500cc Gold Wing, which set me back 10K, base price, then I started adding to it ( you name it and I had it) after a year it totaled out at 17K........Elio is priced at $6800, add-ons $$$$$ for the guys that want something different than the basic car. Based upon what Team Elio is saying in posts regarding add-ons, I'll bet to dress this beauty up the end results will be somewhere around 10 to 12K....Hey that's what it's all about , tailor it to your own personal taste, but don't keep asking for these accessories to be included in the car. In my case I want cruise control ( may or may not be included in price ), I also want an auto tranny cost $350-500 as per Mr.Elio, upgraded radio another 100 bucks, leather seat $350 someone wants a red paint job extra $$ and it goes on and on....We all want it at $6800 and the design team can only do so much with the budget. It's nice to dream..... but remember the $$$
I agree, my VTX 1300c came it at $10,000 with all I wanted on it it went up another $3700. You have to do what you have to do.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was covered in some detail in another thread. The information was that the panels are stamped/vacuum formed composite, but they would be painted as the colored composite finish is poor compared to a standard painted finish.

Apparently from those who have seen the Elio P4 in the flesh, the Creamsicle paint job appears flat. I will withhold judgment until I actually see one. I do think an 'unpainted' option is a good idea.............. :)

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Getting back to accessories/options/add-ons, you know, the actual topic of this thread. I purchased a used Dodge Ram 1500 Work Truck. It came with vinyl flooring, cloth seats, Automatic tranny, power steering. I added cruise control, fog lights, running boards, flow master exhaust-cold air intake; about to add a NAV/SAT radio combo, better jump seat center console is on its way, and going to a 35 gallon fuel tank for longer cruises. Anyway, I guess what I am getting at is that it will probably come in one of three or four variants, and the options will be of our choosing as well as customizing to fit our own needs/wants/desires.

No one on this site is more experienced/knowledgeable than anyone else, as we all get our Elio knowledge from eliomotors.com, eliowordpress and the elio Facebook site. So, we are all currently speculating, and having some creative fun (Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared!) and enjoying each others comments (mostly) while doing so.

Oh, and as I've said in a post or two before, I am not "all-in," as I have some personal air here in Augusta, Georgia I have to clear before doing so. And when I do, I will be "all-in" for two. One for me, and one for the wife.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
P4 may use panels formed using colored composite but not painted. Would certainly save prototyping capital.
It's definitely painted. I saw P4 on an overcast day and wasn't favorably impressed. Quality seemed fine, but the shade didn't do it for me. Of course, I'm certain that the exact shades and quality of paint aren't set until production is imminent. That's unfortunate for those of us who currently have relatively early reservation numbers. In the absence of showrooms with production quality color samples available several weeks prior to full production, color selection will have to be 'pick and pray'. That's just part of living on the leading edge. :p :cool:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's definitely painted. I saw P4 on an overcast day and wasn't favorably impressed. Quality seemed fine, but the shade didn't do it for me. Of course, I'm certain that the exact shades and quality of paint aren't set until production is imminent. That's unfortunate for those of us who currently have relatively early reservation numbers. In the absence of showrooms with production quality color samples available several weeks prior to full production, color selection will have to be 'pick and pray'. That's just part of living on the leading edge. :p :cool:
True. That goes doubly so if you are on the fence about a particular color.

Top Bottom