• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of engine cooling, one of my first mods will be to replace the engine coolant with a product like Evans Waterless Coolant. It provides superior engine cooling by raising the boiling point to a level (275°) that doesn't boil (or pressurize) the cooling system in normal service. By making the coolant more efficient, you ensure you don't have engine heating problems in traffic. As a bonus, it prevents corrosion (no water) and still lubricates the water pump. Prices begin around $40/gallon, but because it never requires replacement, it's good for the life of my Elio.
Is it thicker than normal coolant? If it is, the coolant pump will have to work harder thus reducing mileage.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand it's about the same viscosity as water, but what makes it interesting is that not only is it a superior heat-transfer medium, but it supposedly eliminates corrosion common to aluminum engines. Eliminates electrolysis too, where dissimilar metals are present. For $40 per gallon, it might be the smart product for the Elio's micro cooling system.

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate to compare the Elio with smarts, but I will again.

A raindrop is among the most aerodynamic designs. (Falling water is shaped by the atmosphere, raindrops do NOT have pinheads but pintails.

smart fortwo CDI (diesel) average 70-ish mpg. A smart is not designed like an aerodynamic raindrop.

If the raindrop-styled Elio held a diesel engine, it might easily approach 100 mpg.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whenever I unlock my vehicles with the remote power device I only enter one door. Yes, one door.
Has anyone asked if the trunk will have a power lock release? Having not seen an Elio up close, I can't say I remember seeing a lock on the trunk.

JDub

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
AMT with paddle shifters? smart fortwo's have AMT with paddle shifters. Maybe less expensive than a manual with a shift?

A new diesel Suzuki Celario (4 door) with AMT will be available in India, and is projected to get around 70 mpg. The price will be about $10,500.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/price-maruti-suzuki-celerio-diesel-revealed-launch-feature-details-603279

YouTube of Suzuki Celario with AMT -
There are many good small diesel engines being produced by companies in India. Perhaps they have lacks EP rules but with the Elio considered a autocycle they may be able to skirt the rules here. A small diesel would be able to deliver over 100 mpg possibly.

Top Bottom