• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Order# 36271

KeyserSozae

Reaction score
Hello, I must be one of the newest members since I joined earlier today and just placed my "all-in" order.
I know nothing about forums so please don't come down on me too hard if I violate something I do not understand. I am trying to learn. I am more at home with mountain lions and bears than computers.

I have been following Elio for about a year. First interest was design. I still have the plans from a 1970's Popular
Mechanics magazine to build a three wheel car of similar design. I have wanted to do this for many years. The Elio is a far advancement from my PM plans!!! My second interest is MPG. I do not have a lot of money and the cost of gasoline is the killer unknown to my small budget. If gas goes up then my food allotment goes down. I strongly hope the the MPG goal is realistic.

To say I live in the mountains is an understatement. My place is 4 miles down a dirt/gravel road from the nearest pavement. I have an old Jeep for the really bad weather. The Elio will be for everything else pretty much. Hope it is sturdily built. If it can pull a small trailer then that would be a serious plus for me.Now I just need to figure a way to come up with the rest of the money within the next year!!!!!

Anyway, I am very excited about my order and of being part of the "family". Can't wait!

HeR3tic

Elio Fan
Reaction score
welcome to the forum.
The licorice black i expect will be a great base for your camo paint upgrade. Ive seen the creamsickle P4 in the birmingham area today. Dont expect the body panels nor the door to take the beatings of 8 miles of rutted washed out goat trail to and fro you mnt hideaway. I assume dual wheel drive though I could be mislead. I did believe obama bin biden would get us out of imperialist wars, I know that was really stupid thinking.
The question whether a hitch may be attached for a small MC travel trailer has yet to be declared. The torque and hp will be rather minimal at best, imho. PepBoys is not at all active yet as to what might be offered as accessories. IF, big IF, elio were to adopt the huge power plant of a Trumph Rocket III (2300cc) with 158 poundsfeet @ 2400 rpm then we're taking pulling power to get your sugar up the hill.

Macadamean

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Order #36271 just join the group. That is an increase of 672 since the last published # of 35599.

Growth continues!
This is exactly what I was thinking. The media grind has been a lot more positive and people know it's coming now. Probably about 600 this past week! Can't wait to see the numbers after SEMA.

Last edited:

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello, I must be one of the newest members since I joined earlier today and just placed my "all-in" order.
I know nothing about forums so please don't come down on me too hard if I violate something I do not understand. I am trying to learn. I am more at home with mountain lions and bears than computers.

I have been following Elio for about a year. First interest was design. I still have the plans from a 1970's Popular
Mechanics magazine to build a three wheel car of similar design. I have wanted to do this for many years. The Elio is a far advancement from my PM plans!!! My second interest is MPG. I do not have a lot of money and the cost of gasoline is the killer unknown to my small budget. If gas goes up then my food allotment goes down. I strongly hope the the MPG goal is realistic.

To say I live in the mountains is an understatement. My place is 4 miles down a dirt/gravel road from the nearest pavement. I have an old Jeep for the really bad weather. The Elio will be for everything else pretty much. Hope it is sturdily built. If it can pull a small trailer then that would be a serious plus for me.Now I just need to figure a way to come up with the rest of the money within the next year!!!!!

Anyway, I am very excited about my order and of being part of the "family". Can't wait!

WELCOME, from New Orleans (the un-mountains) we are below sea level.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hi and welcome from Oregon, KeyserSozae. It is a pleasure to have you join us. One word of warning, this forum stuff - especially this particular forum - can be addicting. I was a total novice when I joined in early March. Now I have more posts than anyone simply because I Iove participating, am not afraid to state my opinion and love sharing ideas. Who would have known? If we can be of help, simply ask. We will help in any way we can. :-) Z

Top Bottom