• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Earl,
I see you are just across the river from Minnysota, well, Ya sure ya betcha!
I was born in Breckenridge Minn. other side of the state from you but still way up cold.;)
Ah yes, da Red River valley. Been through the area a few times back in my truck driving days. I prefer the lake country of eastern MN/western WI though.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rucrayze move to Georgia, better roads and fewer New Yorkers.......;)

I'm retired fem NY, thought about GA but too many rednecks for me. (lol)

But more on topic- if the front 2 tires are different size than back, it will be to our advantage when we need to replace 'em, lots of stores (even pep boys) "buy 3 get the 4th free" maybe in the fine print it might not be allowed but buy 2 for the front and two for the rear-since I think the fronts will wear faster than the rear the saved rear from previous purchase will now only require the purchase of two fronts. Yes I see the problem, after the first change, there will be no way to get the extra 4th tire home in an Elio!!

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
while I'd prefer it on the left, the bottom line is its going to go where they want it to go .... from what has been indicated, they want (need ?) it on the the right, so that is where its gonna be .... as noted, not my preference but I figure I can get used to it .... after all, I don't expect to have to take on fuel very often ..:)
I doubt on an engineering level it matters that much. And on earlier prototypes it was on the left.
1. Wonder why they moved it.
2. Why can't reservation holders have input on decisions like this? Not that they would have do it, but be good to be heard.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I doubt on an engineering level it matters that much. And on earlier prototypes it was on the left.
2. Why can't reservation holders have input on decisions like this? Not that they would have do it, but be good to be heard.

1. no clue

2. over the years we've bought a bunch of GM vehicles (have 5 in the driveway right now) and I don't recall every being asked for input from General Motors .... they are going to do what they want to do and we either buy or don't buy

Jim

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to Paul Elio, by placing it where they did, it saves $10 in pipe per vehicle. To achieve their price objectives, that is where they decided it will go.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
According to Paul Elio, by placing it where they did, it saves $10 in pipe per vehicle. To achieve their price objectives, that is where they decided it will go.

$10 a vehicle X 250,000 vehicles per year .... as a person buying an Elio, I still don't like it being on the off door side .... looking at it from the standpoint of a company trying to bring a vehicle into production, I'd make the same choice

Jim

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$10 a vehicle X 250,000 vehicles per year .... as a person buying an Elio, I still don't like it being on the off door side .... looking at it from the standpoint of a company trying to bring a vehicle into production, I'd make the same choice

Jim
From Elio's position, I can understand where you have to draw the line somewhere, even if it is unpopular. I'll take it however it comes, and never had a preference where they put it.

Top Bottom