• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another reason he should put the gas tank cap back on the left side. I really hope this gets changed on production model.
Wha? Doesn't matter which side it's on, if someone is that inattentive the wheel smacking is gonna happen. You could put it in the middle of the car (hood, rear end, roof) and that same person will smack the wheel. I admit, I'm used to it on the left but there are 2 sides to the gas pump and we can fill 'er up! with equal ease on either side. Or smack the wheel for that matter.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From Elio's position, I can understand where you have to draw the line somewhere, even if it is unpopular. I'll take it however it comes, and never had a preference where they put it.
Most European vehicles have the gas cap on the passenger side, like my VW. I don't care where it is if it keeps the cost down and the mileage up.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got three cars and a couple of motorcycles registered in my name.

The Suzuki Swift 1.0 (Geo Metro) has it on the left.
My BMW has it on the right.
My Liege has it on the back.
The motorcycles have them on top.

The important thing is, they all work just as well.as the others, no bother. The fuel pumps here in UK all have hoses long enough to reach either side, no matter if you park on the "wrong" side of the pump. Most garages have signs telling you just that (long hoses, fill either side) to avoid long queues back onto the road.

I've been riding/driving since 1968 and never even thought it could present a problem until I joined this forum :rolleyes:

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you're sitting in the middle, you can clip the fender on the left side just as easily as you can on the right side.

When I sat in the Elio, in B'ham, I focused on the fenders and could see them very well.
Clipping either fender seemed to be a DA thing to do. I'm Sure it would be The Only time it would happen to Any Elio driver.
If I were to clip/damage either front fender/wheel, I would take it WAY out of town to have it repaired. Then pay Cash, if they asked for a name, I'd just give them 'Goofro Uno', from Atlanta, and let them/you figger it out.lol

Top Bottom