• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Our Beloved Zelio

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't expect to see Z in heaven anytime soon but I think she already visited me here on Christmas Day. Shortly before Dustoff posted this thread, I had an over whelming dreadful feeling to contact G1 to find out how her surgery went. Before G1 could answer me Dustoff posted this thread. At that point I realized Z had tried to let me know. That just confirmed my belief, that Z was a lot more like my Grandmother, than I had thought I'd imagined! Z will always have an open seat in my Elio and I'll welcome her as a copilot, anytime in my travels.:)

Strange things do sometimes happen; I've had similar experiences three times in the past.

One involving my late father, another my late great aunt, the third a close family friend who I'd not seen for many years.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me, the backseat of my Elio will be know as Z's seat. This beautiful woman touched my life and my heart. The only personalization I was going to have on my Elio was to have my reservation number #1788 painted on. Now, the number will read #1788Z. The Elio and Z are synonymous to me.

'This beautiful woman touched my life and my heart'
Buck, I could not agree with you more. This wonderful woman inspired me to start saving for my Elio.
when I went in at 1k and started a saving account the next day. If Z can do it, I can too.
My memorial to Z may look something like this, simply 'Me and Z', painted on the side. If I had to explain that, I surely would, gas stops would probaly get longer.
I think it would be fitting. I'll be towing a Mini-Mate camper she talked about.

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me, the backseat of my Elio will be know as Z's seat. This beautiful woman touched my life and my heart. The only personalization I was going to have on my Elio was to have my reservation number #1788 painted on. Now, the number will read #1788Z. The Elio and Z are synonymous to me.

This is wonderful. I think when I drive mine home from delivery I'll get a nice straightaway, take both hands off the wheel and let her drive for a moment.

I'll have to ponder some way of memorializing her on my Elio... but so far I think Z pinstripes will be my way of doing it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having talked to her a couple of times, I think she'd have wanted us to just smile when we think of her but to enjoy our Elio journey and to not dwell on our loss. I'll miss her comments here of course. I won't memorialize her on my Elio but I know in the early, quiet mornings on my way to work, on occasion, I'll pause in the silence and be sad for a moment that she never had the chance to enjoy the Elio that brought her so much joy.

Top Bottom