• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Over A 1,200% Gain For Early Tesla Stockholders

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I was always grateful to be part of a workforce, receive wages, and benefits for what was hopefully a job well done. Had I gotten to the point of bitching about my employer and/or work environment, I would have moved on to join a new workforce. :) My guess is the Tesla employees that may be losing jobs as a result of restructuring the Tesla sales model will likely be very disappointed. Jobs are scarce.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought Musk said that the employees ,1K, that are in sales will have the opportunity to go elsewhere within the company?
That’s better yet and takes the pressure off long time employees that like working at Tesla Motors.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s not an easy road for Tesla, but Musk is a hard charging visionary!

He’s permanently altered the public’s perception of EV vehicles.

Here’s more recent Tesla news...still a rocky and uncertain road ahead!

“Tesla’s cash stockpile in the fourth quarter expanded to about $3.7 billion, critical for covering its expansion and paying off a $920 million debt payment coming due in March. But the company’s challenges remain increasingly urgent. The company has spearheaded two mass layoffs in the last seven months, including cutting 7 percent of its workforce this month. Tesla said the layoffs and “restructuring actions” taken in the quarter will reduce its costs by about $400 million a year.”

“Tesla broke a record for quarterly revenue, with about $7.2 billion, through the delivery of about 63,000 Model 3 sedans and 27,000 Model S and Model X vehicles. But analysts say it’s unclear whether Tesla will be able to attract enough buyers willing to pay a premium for the company’s quasi-futuristic cars. “Sustainable demand is the real question. “

“Musk told analysts recently that he expects sales to increase by 50 percent this year, which he called “crazy growth for the automotive industry.” He also dangled the potential for new models, such as a new Tesla pickup truck he said could be unveiled as early as this summer that would be “quite unique, unlike anything else.”

“The company reported that finance chief Deepak Ahuja would retire and be replaced by vice president of finance Zach Kirkhorn. Ahuja is a company veteran who joined in 2008, retired once before in 2015, and returned shortly after. Ahuja is one of the highest-ranking executives to leave the company, which has faced a series of executive departures within recent months.

“Musk has told employees that the company, long regarded as a luxury automaker, needs “to reach more customers who can afford our vehicles” if it wants to grow and compete. The company said this month it would institute broad changes in its factory that would reduce the number of top-dollar cars it makes every month.”

“Roughly a decade after it unveiled its first Roadster, Tesla has become one of America’s most valuable automakers. The Model S, Model 3, and the Model X SUV accounted for nearly half of the country’s small-but-growing market for electric vehicles.”

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...........yet Tesla Motors can’t reply to my email requests or return a phone call to answer questions I had regarding a Model X Lease. Quite the company indeed. Obviously, they have enough sales volume/revenue :)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...........yet Tesla Motors can’t reply to my email requests or return a phone call to answer questions I had regarding a Model X Lease. Quite the company indeed. Obviously, they have enough sales volume/revenue :)
You've mentioned it about 100 times that Tesla never got back to you. I tested it out on Friday and they answered the phone, took my information, then told me all options of leasing a Tesla P100. They were helpful and in the end no commitment but just information, then I got a followup email just letting me know I can contact them at any time for a lease or purchase. The non customer service was better than what I was expecting. I just wonder if Tesla read all of those posts and thus fixed the issue but forgot to let you know about it. If that was the case, Tesla needs to fix letting the people that got the cold shoulder from the company that they fixed the problem.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me briefly weigh in on my experiences with Tesla as a repeat customer.

I ordered my first Tesla in 2012.

I wanted to be an early customer, so I placed an order. It was not a pleasant sales experience, and most of my questions were never fully answered. Sort of a “take it or leave it” type of sales attitude

I stood in line, and finally my car came in. The delivery process was awkward, but I was just glad that it finally had arrived.

My 2012 Tesla was plagued with quality control issues. My vehicle was in their service center on a very regular basis. Not every mechanically issue was ever resolved, and customer followup was almost nonexistent.

But, inspite of all the constant problems, I still loved the driving experience of my Tesla!

I decided I had probably bought too early in the production cycle, so I traded for 2014.

My 2014 Tesla was a much improved vehicle. It had fewer mechanical issues, and their customer service was greatly improved! Things were finally starting to click at Tesla, they were morphing into a real car company!

My current Tesla is a 2018. It’s not had a single warranty issue. The order process was very simple, and the delivery was flawless!

I can honestly say Tesla still needs to get better in terms of customer followup, both in sales and service.

The good news is, I’m more satisfied with Tesla’s customer care than ever. Is it perfect, absolutely not.

Tesla is going thru massive growing pains. It’s amazing they’ve made it this far!

I have my fourth Tesla on order.

I sincerely hope Tesla has staying power! It’s never an easy road for new vehicle manufacturers.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I wanted to be an early customer, so I placed an order. It was not a pleasant sales experience, and most of my questions were never fully answered. Sort of a “take it or leave it” type of sales attitude

I stood in line, and finally my car came in. The delivery process was awkward, but I was just glad that it finally had arrived.

My 2012 Tesla was plagued with quality control issues. My vehicle was in their service center on a very regular basis. Not every mechanically issue was ever resolved, and customer followup was almost nonexistent.

But, inspite of all the constant problems, I still loved the driving experience of my Tesla!

I decided I had probably bought too early in the production cycle, so I traded for 2014.

My 2014 Tesla was a much improved vehicle. It had fewer mechanical issues, and their customer service was greatly improved! Things were finally starting to click at Tesla, they were morphing into a real car company!

My current Tesla is a 2018. It’s not had a single warranty issue. The order process was very simple, and the delivery was flawless!

I can honestly say Tesla still needs to get better in terms of customer followup, both in sales and service.

The good news is, I’m more satisfied with Tesla’s customer care than ever. Is it perfect, absolutely not.

Tesla is going thru massive growing pains. It’s amazing they’ve made it this far!

I have my fourth Tesla on order!

I sincerely hope Tesla has staying power! It’s never an easy road for new vehicle manufacturers.
.....and when you got tired of your 2018 Tesla, let me know because just maybe a used Tesla is what I can afford! :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I have my fourth Tesla on order.

If there was a Tesla service center closer than 350 miles of my home, I’d own a Tesla. I will likely purchase the Model Y if/when available. Thought about a Model X Lease while waiting.....ridiculous cost. There are a few Telsas running around my neck of the woods and owners tell me they have had a good overall customer service experience using the Tesla Rangers for their vehicle warranty and servicing needs. They all love the cars! Somewhat reassuring.

Top Bottom