• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4 Video From Detroit Dream Cruise. Iav Engineer Kody Klindt Talks Engine Details

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You seem to know a great deal about a motor not even built yet with no Info availble other than a rough casting.
Not one elio motor running yet...

Sir I think you assume a great deal.
Yep nothing to see here....yet....waiting......tapping fingers.....lol

You are absolutely right, there is a lot that we don't know. That is exactly why I choose to trust those who have a proven history in there field....that would be IAV. You keep repeating an ''apples vs oranges" argument to us. EM will NOT be using NIKASIL "PLATING"...Period.

I could go "on and on" about how many aftermarket paint jobs that I have done and no matter what types of paint brushes and rollers I used "on my cars", the final results all looked like CRAP! Therefore, ALL aftermarket paint must be crap. The only thing that statement would do is prove (to those who "know") my level of knowledge...or "lack there of.) ;)

If you really feel that your concerns are legitimate, you MUST take your "credentials" and contact EM and IAV immediately!
You see, "we" are just "along for the ride." :)

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must?
Buddy I will do as I please....but thanks for your ideas ..
You must be kicking a dead horse....
Bing up the same marketing line with no facts or substance.
We all surrender to you and do freely acknowledge the superiority of the sleeved engine. We do hereby acknowledge that anything we say will be rightfully overturned and declared unnatural and open to community wide scorn. So as a result of this declaration, the iron sleeve vs non-iron sleeve controversy is ended allowing us to move on to more vital subjects. Like white wall tires or non-white wall tires?

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
P4 Videos From Detroit Dream Cruise. Kody Klindt Talks Engine Details, Plus Interior And Suspension

Tires....
Your in the wrong thread buddy ;)
Ah, but tires are an important part of the suspension. Therefore, your assertion is invalid.

Care to give us some details on the $10K motor you toasted due to a bad coated bore?

harlan stephens

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New 96 ci harley motor.
Bored to 107 ci , ported heads , woods cams.
Welded balanced and plugged cranks. By Darkhorse.
Thundermax computer running wide bands.

All work done by a very competent builder I had used before. And did again without issues.

Bore plating falls off. Chews the oil pump and bingo ... I have a paperweight.
Sad thing is It happened to many. Gave a great engine builder a bad name becuse we all belived the marketing hype.
Then the company who I will not name but Is not that hard to fiugure out...lol that made the plated bores. Begain with the excuses....we all compared notes.
And to this day sells them and has a marketing dept. That does a great job at selling this junk.

But in the end it was bore related failures.

Then within my family at about the same time was a jag....with issues.

After the bike was rebuilt with standard bores punched out and they were thin walled as much as I could bore a stock jug. just shy of 4"
the same setup ran well....real well.

And pos jag was sold ...and lessions learned.

Top Bottom