• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simple solution---all you miss-located Yankees need to move south for better living conditions from every prospective. Majority of the country does not live in those awful snow and ice conditions you describe so lets not design a vehicle keyed to the few stuck up in that miserable country!!!

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simple solution---all you miss-located Yankees need to move south for better living conditions from every prospective. Majority of the country does not live in those awful snow and ice conditions you describe so lets not design a vehicle keyed to the few stuck up in that miserable country!!!
NRB: Remember I said it would be an option. All of us North or South will have to deal with the tail tire running on the drip lane. That would be the dark spot you can see in the center of the road where cars and trucks drip small amounts of oil and transmission fluid. When it rains the drip lane has about a 1/2 hr to 1 hour that all that oil raises to the surface and makes the roadway slick. Not just the drip lane but the whole lane. After it has been raining long enough it finally washes away and the Hazardous situation decreases. But this will be a recurring problem, don't be surprised when you hear the anti lock brakes working in these conditions. We will all need to increase our following distance perhaps just a bit more than a 4 wheeled car because the tail wheel will be riding on the slickest part of rain shower.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt there will be any significant loss of traction for the rear wheel attributed to the oil sheen. I've ridden large displacement sport bikes for 25+ yrs and have never had issues with significant loss of traction due to the temporary oil sheen on any part of the lane, and I usually ride making the most of my lane.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'll tell you what - I'd LOVE to send all the Californians, Texans, and Floridians away from Colorado and down to you, especially during winter. 95% of them shouldn't be allowed on the road as soon as 1 flake of snow is seen in the air. But giving up my clean air and mountain views? You're nuts.
And yes, there are just a few of us left in cold climates .... 6 I think. :confused:

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll tell you what - I'd LOVE to send all the Californians, Texans, and Floridians away from Colorado and down to you, especially during winter. 95% of them shouldn't be allowed on the road as soon as 1 flake of snow is seen in the air. But giving up my clean air and mountain views? You're nuts.
And yes, there are just a few of us left in cold climates .... 6 I think. :confused:
JT: I side with you.... What the hell is it with people they can't remember how to drive in snow after 9 months, here in Ohio. I know Co, you can find some snow anytime you want.....As another friend of mine who is also retired from a different form of public service then me and in another state said " Don;t knock the idiots, they keep us employed and Keep the youngsters that go into our line of work paying into our pension funds."

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Double D: Had not given thought to the third wheel location in relation to center drip line---good point!I believe any 3 wheel vehicle needs some well thought out driving skills---it has to handle differently than a 4 wheeler. And as far as Californians, Coloradoians, we don't need a bunch of weirdos from Calf. nor a bunch of brain scrambled "hopped up pot smokers" from Col. either!! And our pure air is ""sea & salt water washed"" into a purity you Yankees will never see in a life time ! RB

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Double D: Had not given thought to the third wheel location in relation to center drip line---good point!I believe any 3 wheel vehicle needs some well thought out driving skills---it has to handle differently than a 4 wheeler. And as far as Californians, Coloradoians, we don't need a bunch of weirdos from Calf. nor a bunch of brain scrambled "hopped up pot smokers" from Col. either!! And our pure air is ""sea & salt water washed"" into a purity you Yankees will never see in a life time ! RB
NRB: I like your state just Fine in the winter..... it is the really High Humidity in the summer that kills me. The reason I think about the 3rd wheel and traction is over my 25 years as a LEO and the Last 7 years as a new driver Instructor I have had to take crash reports because of accidents that occur in the first 1 hr after a rain if it has been sometime between rains and I need to teach the new drivers they need to increase their following distance when we get showers that brings that oil to the surface. Just like SNOW increase your following distance. IMO that 3rd wheel will not contribute greatly to the braking in those conditions, it will be the front wheels that get you stopped. Eh, but what would i know I only took the crash reports from the accidents that were caused by the oil covered road. Have a lot of good friends that have retired to the South. But still have kids in school. I won't be doing anything but visiting from Time to time. I feel sorry for a lot of the western states that are conservative.......The people in California want to leave their state and take their CA ideas with them. Better that they learn to blend in to the red state instead of trying to change it. NRB, Nice to have the exchange of ideas with you. If you have ideas for Eilo the quickest way to get them to pay attention is through FB. Have a Good night. Double D.

Tundra

Reaction score
Seems like there is a consensus about the wheel covers, I thought maybe it was just me. I think the trunk is a good idea. But I hope we can get hold of the roadster fenders. People that see the P3 picture in my office are intrigued, I don't think I will hang any P4 pictures

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems like there is a consensus about the wheel covers, I thought maybe it was just me. I think the trunk is a good idea. But I hope we can get hold of the roadster fenders. People that see the P3 picture in my office are intrigued, I don't think I will hang any P4 pictures
Tundru: agreed not not going to be pushing this new body style.....Just got my shirt with a P3 photo bumper sticker. Guess that is file 13 material now. Its not just you.......I think they will see a slow down in ALL IN reservations. Double D.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I sure hope they don't see you down there in Florida hanging around in the fastest lane like most of you nut cakes and driving the Elio at 30 mph to save gas because if you do, they'll send you to Colorado so you can stay indoor and be "cool"! 'Just kidding.

Top Bottom