• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4

skew

Reaction score
The frontend and headlights are a nice change. But I'm not sold on the front wheel covers. I think they are doing it so they can use cheap wheels on production version. I prefer the sporty wheels and fender look myself.

George Aldridge

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The frontend and headlights are a nice change. But I'm not sold on the front wheel covers. I think they are doing it so they can use cheap wheels on production version. I prefer the sporty wheels and fender look myself.
I can see the wheel covers for BETTER aerodynamics, but look at the rear end -- the edges are now square for LESS aerodynamics?

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the P4 was a huge step backwards as far as styling goes. The P3 headlights and front fenders/wheels were great. The non color matched lower rear cover section looks terrible and cheap; the new fenders are hideous. I wonder if anyone will offer P3 light pods aftermarket. I'd certainly be in for a set.
The opening trunk lid is a definite plus.

Rolf

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the price they quoted, I would not be to picky. The P3 front design is reminiscent of an earlier sports car, the British design Lotus 7 from the sixties and seventies. Tests with those cars had shown, that the open fenders created a lift at higher speeds. That is most likely the reason for the enclosed wheels. For an inexpensive vehicle, the up keep and maintenance should be low. If one wants all the "bells and whistles", or up-grades, spent more money. Low fuel consumption, safety, reasonable driving comfort, low maintenance should be a priority, fitting the present day economy and fun to drive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom