• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMHO there are thee design issues with the P4:
The ugly dashboard, The squared off rear pan, and the weird body line across the hood at the top of the headlights.

Simple solutions...1, put the old dash back in, 2.Curve and soften the back end corners, and 3. change the headlights and remove the crease across the hood...just fix those and put it into production. No reason for a 1 year delay...This can be fixed in a month.

As for the fenders, I can go either way, they can be removed and swapped afterwards. Make it a fun option...choose a fender!

Time for all this nonsense to stop and move forward. Missing production deadlines just creates a lot of doubt.

Frank Smith

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The ugly dashboard, The squared off rear pan, and the weird body line across the hood at the top of the headlights.

Simple solutions...1, put the old dash back in, 2.Curve and soften the back end corners, and 3. change the headlights and remove the crease across the hood...just fix those and put it into production. No reason for a 1 year delay...This can be fixed in a month.

As for the fenders, I can go either way, they can be removed and swapped afterwards. Make it a fun option...choose a fender!

Time for all this nonsense to stop and move forward. Missing production deadlines just creates a lot of doubt.
The dash that is in the P4 is not the final dash according to Elio Motors.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Double D: Had not given thought to the third wheel location in relation to center drip line---good point!I believe any 3 wheel vehicle needs some well thought out driving skills---it has to handle differently than a 4 wheeler. And as far as Californians, Coloradoians, we don't need a bunch of weirdos from Calf. nor a bunch of brain scrambled "hopped up pot smokers" from Col. either!! And our pure air is ""sea & salt water washed"" into a purity you Yankees will never see in a life time ! RB
Oh, and Double D; I've seen the Denver SMOG..... when the wind wasn't blowing 30+!

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting picture of the inside of the fender of the P4. Shows cast upper and lower control arms that I thought were tubular.

Last edited by a moderator:

George Aldridge

Elio Fan
Reaction score

Well, I am glad someone else also saw the back end change!
P4
P3
Elio new 7.jpg
Elio Vegas 2.jpg

Everyone sing "Where has all the aerodynamics gone? Long time passing"

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is interesting to compare the version side by side. You can really see the changes in the details...like gas filler door, mirrors, rear window shape...etc.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI - The first version of the Elio was the shoe from "Who Framed Rodger Rabbit". HA!

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they would have color matched the rear cover, there would not be as much backlash over this. Once color matched it will look fine (prob an option or DIY to keep prod cost down). A larger rear light pod means increased rear and side visibility = increased safety, which is likely the major reason behind the change.

Top Bottom