• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about this,,,,,YOU get what you get, then add what you can/want to add, then do what you want to do.
Is there anything any of you really like about the Elio? If not, why are you here? I want the Elio to be what Paul Elio designed. Let's concentrate on getting the P5 production ready so we can get this vehicle built. The more changes you demand, the more time it will take, the higher the cost. Let Paul Elio follow his dream to fruition then talk about making changes. Or maybe start your own company. Yeh, that is a good idea. However, I will keep my money with Elio Motors and thoroughly enjoy the adventure of following the Elio to production and ownership. Next year in MY EELIO! :-) Z

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see the P5 built on a verified/validated pilot production line on a Gantt commercialization timeline with a real-world task list (350+ items).

I'd like to see a design validation & verification build plan including statistically driven functional testing including: vibration, suspension, shock drop testing, hot/cold storage, severe duty hot/cold operations, fatigue cycling of suspension, severe duty driving torture tests, draft owner's manuals, tire torture testing, blind maintenance & servicing tests, etcetera.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there anything any of you really like about the Elio? If not, why are you here? I want the Elio to be what Paul Elio designed. Let's concentrate on getting the P5 production ready so we can get this vehicle built. The more changes you demand, the more time it will take, the higher the cost. Let Paul Elio follow his dream to fruition then talk about making changes. Or maybe start your own company. Yeh, that is a good idea. However, I will keep my money with Elio Motors and thoroughly enjoy the adventure of following the Elio to production and ownership. Next year in MY EELIO! :) Z
You gotta luv "Z" she always tells it like it is without offending anyone.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lots of fun idea,, me, I want the new P5 or P6 to be SIMILAR to the tuvie.com SEV the space efficient vehicle from the Netherlands.
3 people, staggered (NOT SIDE BY SIDE) seating, a decent size trunk and better areo which means better mpg's, and a faster elio..and I do worry about the ice and snow build on those pontoons..we have ice storms here in OKC.
we have 85% of the costly stuff done, toss some plastic on it and go, go elio, we have 14 months to make it a world wide million vehicle seller and not just to old bikers and commuters. If I only had one change, a passenger door on the curb side so my grandkids can get out safely and not in traffic..i would gladly give up a star for that.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So most of you are locked in on one mans idea of a vehicle. Most of the 3 wheel concept cars have good ideas. I do not understand why most of you think it is perfect as it is. The elio has been rejected for 6 years in the system. I keep an open mind because I sold vehicles for over ten years. I have seen some better ideas than the elio..If some of you would take the time to look at other peoples ideas, the elio could be made better.
Go to tuvie.com sev, and to ale' and to 3 wheel concepts.com and just look.!
Have you forgotten the original elio? it was a flying brick with those little fenders and big wheels sticking out so the mpgs were terrible. The original had its headlight sticking out also..more wind resistance..The original elio was a coupe, no trunk space at all, put a 30 pack of bud lite in there and it was full. The feds turned it down for funding and the engineers thought for sure they would get federal money..
So The folks bitched and we got a fastback with a rear that opened. Sorry, can you believe an engineer that built a vehicle without a trunk in todays world.? The entire elio had to be widened, lowered, rear windows made much larger, a new engine designed, new headlights, new rear end, and they still do not know how it will LOOK and perform and it is 6 years later..
I WANT IT TO BE MADE..BUT 6 YEARS AND NO REAL VEHICLE! Is that YOUR idea of "keep on truckin" for 14 more months.
. we all want the elio to succeed but ignoring the improvements that could be made before the new 2016 model arrives is just plain (insert your favorite adjective here).
Time to you to face the real world and not the one you seem to think is out there. Stop listening to the pipers flute and imagine you owned an elio with a wife and one kid..or a dog, or 8 bag of groceries from wal mart and a 50lb bag of dog food...
The last thing you want to hear is the wife saying go to wal mart and pick up that dog food and the kid from practice ..and his equipment when you are at work..ready to come home...! That is reality.
We still have time to make it better!
For the newbies, I have been in since September, 2013 and have seen what, 5 delays, and 2 prototypes, still waiting.
No, I am not sorry for the rant, and jim H..it will be at least another year and a half before I get mine.. so I am angry!
Don't be mad at me, be MAD AS HELL at the way this has all been handled, from the top down. I just said what a lot of you are thinking, you are just are afraid to tell it like it is..but that;s ok!

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
+1 to the people who said backup camera!, I believe it will be a great addition and I plan on one either way, especially with no back window to see out of, not to mention the ease of hooking up a trailer.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about this,,,,,YOU get what you get, then add what you can/want to add, then do what you want to do.
This is the way I see it too. Keep it basic then add items as you have extra money. Keep the up front price down, the tax and tag cost each year will be less. They go by the original purchase price plus options.
Order only the options that are planned that will be under the factory warranty, like the (sliding?) sun roof and cruise control, an after market sun roof can leak. I would not want to add a cruise later, might Blow the whole electric system.

Here is what I'm thinking of adding later:

1) trailer hitch
2) 139 DB air horn, the Elio is only 54" hi, keep the lane changers, that don't look, out of your lane
3) Brake light flashing module, very noticeable on a MC
4) Fender mounted turn/running lights
5) Mini Mate popup camper, will need paint code

2) thru 5) are on the market now.

I'm sure there will be others.

Top Bottom