• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you... I wouldn't want a cheap looking dash either but I'd rather have some needles and gauges if they are an option.
If I went to the dealer and bought the interment cluster that's in my Sonic, would it just plug in?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBBMo-7O7Imi2ya18NOa1h_-WKTIDjNE_6aXpXa1V4BS548EWL.jpg

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see why it would... It might have a slight chance to work with the P4 Demo because it's using a Geo dash... But the Elio will have it's own wiring by production time.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they aren't I'll trash the "Steel Boobs" and build something that works for me. Ty, I agree with you that they cheapen the overall look of the vehicle. A modern panel is what is needed in keeping with the overall futuristic look of the vehicle.
yes. And though I like dials, I don't feel the Geo dash captures the "now" movement of the Elio. We need something that looks... well, different but that says 'This is a great, new thing under the sun'. Is that too much to ask? LOL... probably.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agree, the 'Elgin Dash'..... just plain SUCKS..... wastes space, impractical, unsafe, and as one female future owner stated, "looks like a pair of Steele Boobs" (the 'SB Dash'). Very little information provided 'at a glance', the solid non-functional 'rims' require the use of small clustered 'idiot lights' to provide important engine information. It will be the FIRST item I REPLACE or 'cover up' with a Tablet running an Engine Instrument App from the OBDII port!

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yes. And though I like dials, I don't feel the Geo dash captures the "now" movement of the Elio. We need something that looks... well, different but that says 'This is a great, new thing under the sun'. Is that too much to ask? LOL... probably.
Well, it shouldn't be, but you're right, it probably will be.:( Of course, if Jerome is reading this thread.....Jerome, JEROME..knock, knock

Last edited:

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agree, the 'Elgin Dash'..... just plain SUCKS..... wastes space, impractical, unsafe, and as one female future owner stated, "looks like a pair of Steele Boobs" (the 'SB Dash'). Very little information provided 'at a glance', the solid non-functional 'rims' require the use of small clustered 'idiot lights' to provide important engine information. It will be the FIRST item I REPLACE or 'cover up' with a Tablet running an Engine Instrument App from the OBDII port!
Do you suppose we might find someone, somewhere that might create a screen in the configuration we would need to neatly utilize the OBD2 in a replacement design?

Top Bottom