• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope EM stick with the goal to create jobs HERE.

I do too. But if you look at what Paul is saying, he doesn't say 90% American, he says 90% North american. But I think from the way he talks he intends to keep as much in the US as possible and still make it work.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One improvement I would like to suggest is to get rid of the automatic gear shifter. Change it into a button, mount it on the console (or steering wheel). I thought the gear shifter just stuck out and it shouldn't be placed where it is in the current P4.
Joseph, welcome and thanks for jumping right into the forum. It has the latest information, rumors, and opinions about the Elio and we are glad for your comments. If you need information about anything use the search function on the forum and if you can't find the answer just ask and someone will usually try to provide an answer. Welcome, and enjoy the experience.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be nice if it were to have a door on the right as well. But will not be a deciding factor for me one way or the other. I am all in and would like to have it today.
Steve, welcome to the forum where you will find friendly helpful members and the latest information, rumors, and opinions on the development and production of the Elio. There has been hours of discussion on a second door and thousands of reasons why it isn't going to happen. Use the search function to read all the posts on this topic and it will help you understand what has been going on with the Elio development and the joys and frustrations of the future owners. We look forward to your contributions to the forum.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The current Ferrari (and a number of other European supercars put a toggle on the console for F-N-R and leave the shifting to a set of paddles. To me, that would seem to make the problem worse.
This is the shift lever for newer Deere farm tractors, lower left in the pic. Something similar would be all that's needed to control the AMT. It only takes up a couple square inches on the armrest. Back position is park, center is reverse gears, front is forward gears. Probably should swap P and Fwd for familiarity in autos.

marugy2a.jpg

Top Bottom