• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pace Car

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Elio would be a gret pace car for any oped wheeled racing event. Looking out across the Elio hood is like looking through the windshield of an IndyCar

Hey Jim H., that was incredible that your comment was a perception of looking through an Indy car. Earlier this morning I was watching the F1 Formula races held in Monza, Italy. They showed an overhead image and I thought of the Elio! Those drivers are all seated in the center and behind the two front wheels like the Elio. There have been comments occasionally written how it resemble an airplane/aircraft but not Formula F1 or Indy racing vehicles. Too cool, I'd like to see an Elio wrap with Indy car or F1 graphics!
Hey Jim H., if the Elio is almost similar in external size to a Honda civic, do you think a civic car cover could fit or just wait for after market companies to produce one....?
Then also for those wanting to protect the body/paint from stone chips at the front end/body work or even protect from massive bug splatter/buildup; there will probably be an aftermarket company making a front end body protector or bra (auto)? You know how it can be when you hear the road stones smacking the front end or even a tractor trailer rig in front of you with a missing tire flap or even a tall pickup with over sized tires kicking back asphalt rocks against our Elio's. You know, even breathable protectors for the front wheel covers for those traveling or daily commutes in areas of waters/farmlands (Maryland) with summer mosquitoes. More job opportunities for after market companies. :)
Terrence :-) :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Jim H., that was incredible that your comment was a perception of looking through an Indy car. Earlier this morning I was watching the F1 Formula races held in Monza, Italy. They showed an overhead image and I thought of the Elio! Those drivers are all seated in the center and behind the two front wheels like the Elio. There have been comments occasionally written how it resemble an airplane/aircraft but not Formula F1 or Indy racing vehicles. Too cool, I'd like to see an Elio wrap with Indy car or F1 graphics!
Hey Jim H., if the Elio is almost similar in external size to a Honda civic, do you think a civic car cover could fit or just wait for after market companies to produce one....?
Then also for those wanting to protect the body/paint from stone chips at the front end/body work or even protect from massive bug splatter/buildup; there will probably be an aftermarket company making a front end body protector or bra (auto)? You know how it can be when you hear the road stones smacking the front end or even a tractor trailer rig in front of you with a missing tire flap or even a tall pickup with over sized tires kicking back asphalt rocks against our Elio's. You know, even breathable protectors for the front wheel covers for those traveling or daily commutes in areas of waters/farmlands (Maryland) with summer mosquitoes. More job opportunities for after market companies. :)
Terrence :) :)
I had a similar post after watching the Indy 500. The views from the in-car cameras overlooking the wheels were stimulating and Elio exciting. As an avid F1 fan I never miss a race but am not a Hamilton fan. As far as the bra's go, I' m sure the after market bunch will have them. I suspect that as soon as the production date is firm and Elio production employees are hired the after market folks will start turning out their products. Many will want to be the first in the market. Probably see many of their products in the Shreveport area.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Terrence :) :)

Hidy Terrence,
I've had very good success with Covercraft car covers over the years... http://www.covercraft.com/ I'm sure as soon as the Elio begins production they'll have covers available for it that will be custom fit... They have custom covers for the Smart Car and it had less than 10,000 sales last year... The high end covers they sell are a bit pricey but do an excellent job and have a good life span even if they're used daily...IMHO I've bought them for several of my cars down through the years, and have one on my 2013 RSpec right now...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It would be neat if there was an IROC race where everyone has the same vehicle and that vehicle was an Elio. I think it would be neat to see them racing around a track. :cool:

Danica should do well in such a race .... she would have a major weight advantage over most of the other drivers ... :cool:

Jim

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hidy Terrence,
I've had very good success with Covercraft car covers over the years... http://www.covercraft.com/ I'm sure as soon as the Elio begins production they'll have covers available for it that will be custom fit... They have custom covers for the Smart Car and it had less than 10,000 sales last year... The high end covers they sell are a bit pricey but do an excellent job and have a good life span even if they're used daily...IMHO I've bought them for several of my cars down through the years, and have one on my 2013 RSpec right now...
Thanks for the tip!
Terrence:)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom