• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pal-v Flying Three Wheel Car - Awesome!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they offer a non-flying version as a high performance, enclosed cabin, narrow, tilting three wheeler commuter.......I'll take one. That would be my ultimate flytheroad vehicle.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..not quite accurate, for example a ZENITH CH650 can be had for less than $100k, and a slightly used one for half that -

And you can build a kit plane for under $15,000.

As far as flying cars go, though, I think a better way to go might be the FanWing concept. The rotating wing provides both lift and thrust, STOL capability, and doesn't require ailerons. Furthermore, the tail fins are part of the wings. Basically, you got a motorized wing section that you can plop down onto just about any car frame and make it fly. And with a lifting ability of about 15kg per HP, an Elio could probably fly with a bolt-on kit!

FanWing LSA concept
Ultralight%20Flight%201(1).jpg

How it works:
fanwing-5.jpg

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind any vehicle capable of flight (weighing over 150 lbs) will require a PPL or SPL certificate to operate. Also, you can't [legally] take off or land on public roads. So the number of people this PAL-V vehicle will appeal to is very limited.

I might be interested in this thing if it were under $30k.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And you can build a kit plane for under $15,000.

As far as flying cars go, though, I think a better way to go might be the FanWing concept. The rotating wing provides both lift and thrust, STOL capability, and doesn't require ailerons. Furthermore, the tail fins are part of the wings. Basically, you got a motorized wing section that you can plop down onto just about any car frame and make it fly. And with a lifting ability of about 15kg per HP, an Elio could probably fly with a bolt-on kit!

FanWing LSA concept
Ultralight%20Flight%201(1).jpg

How it works:
fanwing-5.jpg
Fly OK, maybe -- but it takes up 3 lanes minimum which will make it unpopular on the roads!

Top Bottom