• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Parallel Parking

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope you are right, when you get yours modified, please post pictures .... would you have to install a plug in the line so that it wouldn't hinder removing the fender .... I'm not sure with the enclosed fender it it has to be removed to change the tire

Jim

From what I've seen, the Elio doesn't carry a spare wheel so removing the fender to get a wheel off won't be a commonly done roadside job. But a plug would be straightforward enough. Most modern cars have existing wiring to the front wheel hubs, for ABS and brake pad wear sensors. The angular movement isn't a problem.

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm... looking at this picture I think that if the mirrors had turn signals integrated into them that they would solve most of the issue.
That would solve most of it, based on the geometry in his picture. I was worried they would still be too far in with the wheels sticking out so far, but that probably wouldn't be a problem.
Throwing a couple LEDs into the mirrors at the factory likely wouldn't be expensive at all.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Several good points here . . . I'd sure be careful sticking my hand out to make any kind of gesture - considering the response I might get in these days of road rage.

It's odd, but I was just trying to remember the last time I parallel-parked . . . maybe four years ago. I know it's a pretty rare event - and a dying art out here in suburbia.

Top Bottom