• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Parking On Street / Exposed Axle Area

Wet Paint

Reaction score
Glad to have found this forum! I am considering an Elio.

I have to park on the street in a very large, busy city neighborhood -- often blocks away from where I live. One concern I have is that a vandal could be drawn to the open axl area and mess with it. I wish a build option for the exterior would offer a cover over most of the exposed axle area.

Will most Elio owners park their vehicle off-the-street?

Last edited:

IdahoDuffer

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Good question and welcome to the forum. I will be parking my Elio in my driveway or street of the subdivision I live in. Lucky it is a good neighborhood and I don't expect any problems. I am not aware of any plans from EM concerning a cover off the axle area. I think it might hinder the steering.

Maybe get a soft cover and hope for the best?

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Attach some of these?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lived in New York City for a lot of years of my life and can't wrap my brain around a front suspension "Burka" that is going to ward off the idiot set you find everywhere. No longer worry about alternate side parking, overflow goes on the lawn these days. Good luck having this rig not attract attention.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Glad to have found this forum! I am considering an Elio.

I have to park on the street in a very large, busy city neighborhood -- often blocks away from where I live. One concern I have is that a vandal could be drawn to the open axl area and mess with it. I wish a build option for the exterior would offer a cover over most of the exposed axle area.

Will most Elio owners park their vehicle off-the-street?

As far as vandalism goes, I think there is very little we could do physically outside of a locked storage solution. You might consider the Infinite Skyz system, since it will come with 360 degree cameras and all kinds of connectivity stuff, so if somebody DOES mess with it you can at least get it on camera.

Max-vulture.jpg

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as vandalism goes, I think there is very little we could do physically outside of a locked storage solution. You might consider the Infinite Skyz system, since it will come with 360 degree cameras and all kinds of connectivity stuff, so if somebody DOES mess with it you can at least get it on camera.

Max-vulture.jpg
I hope Elio offers a flamethrowing guitar along with the "stereo" speakers.
flamethrowerguitar.png

Top Bottom