• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio At St Francis University

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I gave the video that is the subject of this thread another review. It's so nice to have representation from the ElioOwners group, and other reservationists there.

There are some interesting points not discussed in this thread (probably elsewhere, but not here) about the video while all the haggling with the tolls and naysayer people, and angry elves went on. Some of the points I want to point out. (the trolls will not win!)

1) Yellow is definitely on Paul's radar! As are vehicle wraps.

2) 30mil was needed to kick off all 25 crash mules but to also include 31 engine builds, and the destructive testing of both. He was not going to start that until all 30mil was acquired. He started that so apparently they are currently funded clear though the end of engine and crash testing. It's now just a matter of time for those to be completed. This is before the A+ funding initiative. Therefore both the 25build and the A+ (and any new reservations) will serve to encourage all forms of other funding and loan guarantee's. The A+ continuing to be useful in plant preparation.

3) He stated the tightest bottleneck for the entire project was this last 30mil, which is now done. I find that very hopeful thing to hear! It certainly was an arduous period of time.

4) definitely only pre reservations will be built for year1. But when will those actually be closed for year1? We know 68k is one goal. As things progress more confidently that doesn't seem to be a problem. But 250k? that may be more of a down the road goal? Year2?

5) Center of pressure discussion relating to the Elio vs the VW stability. Had that very same point made here in the EO forum. ( by me and others ) Do they read ElioOwners dot com? I'm sure someone on the Elio team must sometimes.

6) Natural Gas, EV, Fuel Cell, Hydrogen drives for the Elio. Yay, he does say it's all options they will consider when it fits the business and economics. If it's good for Joe owner, they'll look into it.

7) Natural gas range. So funny my 1984 research paper was on that subject. We used a mix of propane and methane(CH4). When the methane ran out, the propane automatically took over, giving an easy range extension. I have a copy of that research, I should send them a copy someday yes? I even built the feedback loop carburetor augmentation for that, including the electronics. Similar CH4 only equipment has been used in Europe since the 70's. And the US since the 80's.

Send copy of the paper & CC IAV.

Last edited:

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of the points I want to point out. (the trolls will not win!)

2) 30mil was needed to kick off all 25 crash mules but to also include 31 engine builds, and the destructive testing of both. He was not going to start that until all 30mil was acquired. He started that so apparently they are currently funded clear though the end of engine and crash testing. It's now just a matter of time for those to be completed. This is before the A+ funding initiative. Therefore both the 25build and the A+ (and any new reservations) will serve to encourage all forms of other funding and loan guarantee's. The A+ continuing to be useful in plant preparation.

3) He stated the tightest bottleneck for the entire project was this last 30mil, which is now done. I find that very hopeful thing to hear! It certainly was an arduous period of time.
I believe this may a misreading of what was actually said. EM has secured enough of the $30 million dollars to begin the P5 prototyping. Nowhere has he stated that the $30 million has been raised. The remaining prototypes will await the completion of this round of fundraising.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe this may a misreading of what was actually said. EM has secured enough of the $30 million dollars to begin the P5 prototyping. Nowhere has he stated that the $30 million has been raised. The remaining prototypes will await the completion of this round of fundraising.
You might be right, but I'd prefer not, possibly just a percentage. I admit fully, EM doesn't all ways reference an exact and specific fact. Many times it's a generalization or a shade of grey thing. Which is a huge source of speculation for us. Yes, and me included.
"Never in the bag, until it's IN the bag."

Top Bottom