• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio At St Francis University

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to laugh when I got almost to the end of the story and read...........
........"But as one commenter noted, perhaps the Elio should have been a lightweight electric vehicle."..........
Sorry, but if the Elio was an electric vehicle with the typical range of an electric vehicle I would not be interested, at any price.
To be real!, the EV debate always gets mixed up with dream worship.
Sure we all want EV's so long as it costs less to buy, less to use, goes farther, quicker, and recharges faster (than refueling). The EV rhetoric pro or con chooses when to ignore those items or call them out. Usually at the times most likely to confuse the discussion.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chamberlain and Churchill were both patriots who loved their country, but their messages and styles were received quite differently.

One could argue the same for Hitler. Hmmm... who reminds me of that here; someone who repeats the same pessimistic, paranoid diatribe, based enough in reality for him and others to rationalize his own arguments.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This report seems biased. The only thing they say about the vehicle is in the title. I believe they want Elio Motors to fail. I believe they are against anything that operates exclusively on petro and pro only those vehicle that use electricity, either partially or wholly. The "Liz Carmichael" and "Dale" is a cheap shot and shows their character, which is not something to be trusted.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This report seems biased. The only thing they say about the vehicle is in the title. I believe they want Elio Motors to fail. I believe they are against anything that operates exclusively on petro and pro only those vehicle that use electricity, either partially or wholly. The "Liz Carmichael" and "Dale" is a cheap shot and shows their character, which is not something to be trusted.

I don't write them, I just post them. Good and bad. I don't just want to read puff pieces.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't write them, I just post them. Good and bad. I don't just want to read puff pieces.
I am glad you did post this. We need to know what the rest of the world is saying, good or bad. This also backs up something Paul Elio said at the NY auto show. He said the environmental movement is not supportive of them. I believe he has understated the situation.

This seems hypocritical to me. If they really cared about the environment, they would be supportive. To some people, environmentalism is a religion, and every religion has its illogical fanatics.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am glad you did post this. We need to know what the rest of the world is saying, good or bad. This also backs up something Paul Elio said at the NY auto show. He said the environmental movement is not supportive of them. I believe he has understated the situation.

This seems hypocritical to me. If they really cared about the environment, they would be supportive. To some people, environmentalism is a religion, and every religion has its illogical fanatics.
What is the specific indication that the 'environmental movement' is not behind the Elio concept?

Top Bottom