• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Responds To Critics, Ttac, 10-20-2014

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snick, it certainly changed my opinion of Jalopnik, and not for the better, either...
What do you expect from Gawker "Media"? These are the people who took gamers complaining about corruption in gaming journalism and somehow turned it into "Gaming is sexist". They'll always push their agenda, which just happens to be big trucks rolling coal for big boys, and Toyonda Pious' for the rest of us, and there's no room for a small gas burning pollution machine anywhere.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, this was what we needed to see. A fairly written article featuring Paul Elio directly responding to the previous terrible Jalopnik article which was full of inaccuracies.

This bit of news particularly caught my attention:

This information fits with what we had been hearing that the engine had already been assembled but we now know it was for a dry run. This timeline also fits some rumors we had been hearing that the completed engine may make an appearance at the SEMA show the first week of November and hopefully that will happen also.
Thanks for your post, goofy. Haven't been on here for the past several days and it looks like "good news" abounds!

Appreciate Ya!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your post, goofy. Haven't been on here for the past several days and it looks like "good news" abounds!

Appreciate Ya!

Glad you made it back!

The spirits have definitely been lifted here and I think we will be in for a fun couple of weeks ahead as the news should keep on coming. :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Gut feelings????

What's in the "near" pipeline? :rolleyes:
No need for get feelings, just a combination of the obvious and some things that birdies have been whispering. ;)

The biggest news is obviously the engine news which will continue to trickle out for several more weeks as Elio Motors is doing a good job stretching that out and milking it for all its worth. :rolleyes::D

I do know the engine news won't be the only news to come out during the Elio Motors visit to SEMA as they do have a bit more hidden up their sleeves. Also with the engine well on it's way, as this was the last major item needed, we will eventually hear more about the P5/E1 vehicle but that likely won't happen until they are done with the engine news and whatever else they have to announce along with showing of a few other items which they will want to show us before getting around to the vehicle itself. :)

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No need for get feelings, just a combination of the obvious and some things that birdies have been whispering. ;)

The biggest news is obviously the engine news which will continue to trickle out for several more weeks as Elio Motors is doing a good job stretching that out and milking it for all its worth. :rolleyes::D

I do know the engine news won't be the only news to come out during the Elio Motors visit to SEMA as they do have a bit more hidden up their sleeves. Also with the engine well on it's way, as this was the last major item needed, we will eventually hear more about the P5/E1 vehicle but that likely won't happen until they are done with the engine news and whatever else they have to announce along with showing of a few other items which they will want to show us before getting around to the vehicle itself. :)
Double WOW, goofy. If you had not shaved your beard, you could almost be compared to Santa. . . . . . . With all the GREAT THINGS, you are sharing with us now.

Looks more like we will be on schedule for production to start on time; Septmber or October of next year. Or is that reading too much into things? :rolleyes: :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Double WOW, goofy. If you had not shaved your beard, you could almost be compared to Santa. . . . . . . With all the GREAT THINGS, you are sharing with us now.

Looks more like we will be on schedule for production to start on time; September or October of next year. Or is that reading too much into things? :rolleyes: :)

We can all hope so! :)

It's likely still a bit early to say for sure as there are still a lot of pieces which need to fall into place however it is great to see EM progressing with the engine and vehicle development program as if that is not completed in time nothing else really matters. At this point I would say that as long as EM continues moving forward with the vehicle development program at the expected pace there is a very good chance of the vehicle being production ready by about that time next year. :cool:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think we would be considered investors by Elio Motors. We're customers. The only investment we have made, is for a place in line. We don't even have a contract to buy a car yet.

I'm not even sure "customers", covers our situation either. I think perhaps reservests might be better description. Or perhaps ELIO Lay Aways !!!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You tease!!

Top Bottom