• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pay With Fuel Credit Card

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I pay my card in full monthly.. Tell me the name of a credit card that will carry a 7000 plus note with a minimun payment of 100 or so at cheap interest ..Hey dude I have a 770 ficco score, if I carry a blance it's high interest what do you think it will be for a person who puts a 100 bucks down on a car having a low credit or bad credit score.. read that response from Elio, "many will qualify".
I have an American Express blue card I carry a balance on with a 0% interest until it is paid off. It was a balance transfer offer, so I was like "hey, free money!" and took advantage. As long as I do not miss a payment or charge on that card (a new charge will allow them to charge the monthly rate on the remaining balance) it is 0% until it is paid.
It's rare, but it does exist. The point is, as a previous poster stated, we don't know the details so we can't assume anything.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I pay my card in full monthly.. Tell me the name of a credit card that will carry a 7000 plus note with a minimun payment of 100 or so at cheap interest ..Hey dude I have a 770 ficco score, if I carry a blance it's high interest what do you think it will be for a person who puts a 100 bucks down on a car having a low credit or bad credit score.. read that response from Elio, "many will qualify".
OOH! Looky here! http://www.mymoneyblog.com/best-pre-screened-no-fee-0-apr-balance-transfer-offers
I guess some banks still have similar offers.
Just read the fine print. Don't get too excited, there are always pitfalls, but if you play by their rules and don't default (however they determine it), some of these could be good financing options for an Elio.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Brendan Carey (Elio Motors)
Apr 14 18:17
Monty Emery,
We can appreciate your concern and until our credit card/ gas card program is finalize, we are not marketing this program on our website. I understand this program has been mentioned in articles and interviews, but until it is finalized we can not offer it. With any such program, an individual will be required to register and qualify for the program.
As for the reservations, we are offering a refundable reservation to everyone, as well as a non-refundable option. So if the person making the reservation determines that they can not afford a non-refundable reservation, they will be still be able to place a refundable reservation that would still entitle them to reservation for our vehicle within the first year of production. We have clearly stated in the reservation documentation that this is a risk and does not guarantee an individual a vehicle.
Best Regards,
The Elio Team

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm more confused now w/that statement. If one 'cannot afford a non-refundable reservation,' why would they turn around and 'place a refundable reservation,' while still 'no guarantee an individual a vehicle'.
It almost implies they will refund the non-refundable.....yea right.

I disagree Craig; what is new is more confusion.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My point was/is Elio used the fuel card option as a gimmick to get reservations..If you read their email you will see they are withdrawing and stopped advertising it..I'm tired of sifting through this and the Elio site .. They have my money so All I need to hear is if/when my units are ready to pick up..I've also asked to have my profile and all post, pictures deleted from this site..Good luck to all of you..Cheers

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....snip....they will be still be able to place a refundable reservation that would still entitle them to reservation for our vehicle within the first year of production. We have clearly stated in the reservation documentation that this is a risk and does not guarantee an individual a vehicle.

Color me confused, but are these two statements not conflicting? I think the biggest problem is this is poorly written. They should be aggressively answering questions like this publicly. I'll bet if six of us were to submit an identical question like this we'd get answers that could be taken 3 different ways. That's why there's usually a company spokesman and not company spokespeople.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Color me confused, but are these two statements not conflicting? I think the biggest problem is this is poorly written. They should be aggressively answering questions like this publicly. I'll bet if six of us were to submit an identical question like this we'd get answers that could be taken 3 different ways. That's why there's usually a company spokesman and not company spokespeople.

It's hard to concisely write about a financing option that isn't a reality yet for a product that doesn't yet exist in final form, or for reservations for a product that isn't in production and isn't ready to go into production yet.

I picture it as lining up in front of your local target store at 4am this weekend and waiting for them to open yet when the manager asks you what you're all in line for, the line answers "To put Star Wars toys from the new movie on layaway for Christmas of course." The manager ever worried about customer service googles "new star wars movie" only to find out that the director just finished location scouting and the cast isn't set and they haven't even begun filming!(tentative release in 2015) The manager ever trying to please the customers offers to take deposits to hold spots in line perpetually for the currently non existent toys from the not yet produced or released movie should it ever happen to make it through production and into distribution to spawn merchandise deals such as toy contracts.

My wife asks why I would give them money now before there are any signs of toy production for episode VII and I simply say "believe in the force, you must". ;)

Elio is pretty much the same, no concrete proof or firm dates, I just believe and I really want my new toy.

Top Bottom