• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pay With Fuel Credit Card

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The 500 source claims the next prototype will have the roof line raised 1.5-2 inches. If that's true that's a pretty radical change it they intend on putting out cars a year from now.

I have heard this from several reliable sources and do expect it to be true as it allows for even better driver sight lines and more headroom, particularly for the passenger, as passenger headroom has been disappointing in the P4 vs the P3. This is a major structural change as it changes the frame of the vehicle however the prototype stage we are in now is exactly the time to make these kinds of changes. The chassis design must be locked down before the next step which is the testing phase where pre-production units will be thoroughly drive tested and even crashed to ensure the vehicle meets all the engineering requirements. The testing phase is also where everything is tweaked for reliability and comfort which includes things such as suspension tuning, stability system programming, engine/transmission ECU programming, and final interior fitting.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only if they have to retool. As of today, there is nothing to retool. JMO
If you decide to make a roll bar 1.5 to 2 inches taller you cant just make it taller. It would affect many of the angels and lengths. It's a major redesign and many hours of computer testing to assure the safety has not been affected.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you decide to make a roll bar 1.5 to 2 inches taller you cant just make it taller. It would affect many of the angels and lengths. It's a major redesign and many hours of computer testing to assure the safety has not been affected.
You are right , but todays 'modeling software' is remarkable................. :)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bump
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjzs45HTYky36hdtcQuTt5rqlQgFndGOeKgBcpFq7WYnO28QgX.jpg

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All I can say is if I lose my 1000$ all in I will be knocking on elios door at midnight!, I am gonna stay positive for another year and a half and wish them the best. Sure hope I have one in my drive in 2015!

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I skimmed most of the conversation so forgive me if this note is redundant.
It seems in the discussion of refundable versus non-refundable two major points are missing

1. With a non-refundable reservation you are matched with a credit equal to 50% of your deposit.

2. Elio has stated that all non-refundable depositors will get a vehicle in the first year (first year has not been clarified yet that I know of) This means that if the number of non-refundable depositors meets their projected production quota for the first year, the refundable ones will be pushed back down the line. Basically, a non-refundable deposit has a potential 50% return on your investment and allows you to cut in line of anyone with a lesser amount deposited and all those who have a refundable deposit.

Hope this clarifies it :)

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Boy just started a major poop storm on the official EM FB page by asking if the 3X was dead.

It also turns out that the auto trans will cost 200 to 300 more and 500 more and 1000 more. Naturally all of these sources claim their info comes straight from EM.

The 500 source claims the next prototype will have the roof line raised 1.5-2 inches. If that's true that's a pretty radical change it they intend on putting out cars a year from now.
It is not as bad as it sounds, The P3 was 4 inches higher than the current P4 at the location of the 1½-2 inch raise on the P5. The cost of the Auto Trans has yet to be determined unless Elio made that determination since last Thursday! As of that time the AT was to be priced at "less than $1000".

Top Bottom