• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pay With Fuel Credit Card

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Having very little money to take any risks on, I am only at the "I Want In" reservation level. Needless to say, your post gave me a momentary panic attack since my current vehicle is a loaner that I must return early next year. Wait more than two more years for my Elio? Say it ain't so!

So, I went to the Elio Motors website FAQ to confirm the facts. Namely: "We are limiting reservations to our first year estimated capacity so that everyone that reserves a vehicle will have one in the first year." So, unless Elio changed their own rules, I think your second statement needs a little adjustment.

Elynde I posted a reply earlier but somehow it never got up. Sorry to make you worry. There have been reports that their cut off is at 40,000 projected for the first, year so there is a ways to go. You raise a good point and a question to ask Elio! What is their definition of a "Reservation"? Is it one that is "all in" only, or does it include ones that are refundable? And if it is "all in" only is it at any level or only the top level of $1,000? Indirectly through conversations with the Elio Team at the road show, there has been mention of giving a 30 day notice when they feel they are going to cut it off.

Now for the pure speculation part from me. I believe you will have to be at the "all-in" at some level to make sure you are not bumped out of the first year of production. Please verify this with Elio before you do anything but going from a $100 refundable to $100 all-in should be doable, and it gives you the added plus of getting an extra 50% onto your investment. IMHO

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even at the $100 refundable level, direct from the Elio reservation site:

Quick Overview
Have no fear, you will receive your Elio within the first year of production.
[Broken External Image]

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Quick Overview
[Broken External Image]
That is interesting Ty,
Where are you finding that?
I have looked on the reservations link from both Facebook/reservations link and the Eliomotors.com page and can't find anything like that.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Quick Overview
[Broken External Image]

Caveat: ist year of production could mean Dec. of 2015 through Dec. of 2016.
Not to be a downer but that is what it means........... :)

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Caveat: ist year of production could mean Dec. of 2015 through Dec. of 2016.
Not to be a downer but that is what it means........... :)
You are absolutely correct, now watch the first one roll off the line at 11:59 PM 12/31/2014, I'de sure like to have mine sooner, but not if it means having to look at steel boobs each and every time I drive. Jerome told me it was digital, and apx the number size. BUT if what I am seeing, in their illustrations, is what they call digital, and it COULD roughly be construed as such, I don't like it and they better get somebody on the stick to photograph the real thing, or I am going to go to the NHTSB twith the piece of cral they call a dash.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: BUT if what I am seeing, in their illustrations, is what they call digital, and it COULD roughly be construed as such, .

H2odog, if it is truly digital shouldn't it be an APP or sofware change thing to get what
we non-elginalites want, your an IT guy, it should be childs play, or playstation play,
or sum such............... :confused:

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
H2odog, if it is truly digital shouldn't it be an APP or sofware change thing to get what
we non-elginalites want, your an IT guy, it should be childs play, or playstation play,
or sum such............... :confused:
IF it is truly digital, It will likely have what is known as "firmware" within the modules for display, This code is burned into a chip and cannot be changed. At some point in time someone may hack the chip and replace the code on a new chip with their own code. Besides having the knowledge to effect those changes it would require hardware to implement the changes.
If it is truly digital, electronic digital, I have no problem whatsoever with it. What I see however in Elio's illustrations is a hybrid system where parts (odometer) are digital with additional components, speedometer & tachometer, that are mechanical in nature. Electronic digital has NO moving parts, often times there is the appearance of movement. If Elio wil show me that that cluster is electronic digital, or show me one that is and will guarantee me that that is what I will get in my Elio, I'll get off the soapbox. Otherwise I am going to do everything in my power to have that dash banned. Start the flames, I just got out the hotdogs and marshmallows

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the dash as long as it's attached to a functioning Elio! Until I can finance a seat on their board I will go with whatever they offer. Just get it done!
upload_2014-5-5_20-0-53.jpeg

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the dash as long as it's attached to a functioning Elio! Until I can finance a seat on their board I will go with whatever they offer. Just get it done!
Even if what they offer is an endangerment? I am not saying that it is, only that I believe it to be. I want it safety certified. Paul has had some very great ideas, but this is pure vanity!

Top Bottom