1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Penultimate Thought On The Atvm Loan People And Their Decision Making.

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by Thomas Malkin, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Thomas Malkin

Thomas Malkin Elio Aficionado

I once posted that the ATVM loan people had been ideologically captured by an anti-government-loan majority, and posted such.

In 2016, June, Elio Motors posted that the ATVM people had given over a new requirement for the loan: 66,000 confirmed purchase orders. That would be cash in advance for 66,000 vehicles they couldn't make because they'd no loan.

That wasn't a requirement: that was an assassination in broad daylight on the stairs of the
    Roman Senate.

As I typed my earlier message today about the heroic efforts to get this thing going, I had one further thought about the motivations of the ATVM loan people. They were ideological perhaps in a different way. They didn't like the simplicity and the gasoline-powered aspect of the Elio. Hear me out.

I've been in tech in my own way for a very long time, listening to a lot of people talk and write about cars. They are, almost to an individual, convinced the second coming is about self-driving and otherwise networked and computerized cars. It's a religious belief now that self-driving cars are happening any second.

The ATVM people in their very name are about future tech. They would not be the types to believe in a future of cheap, efficient, and small gas cars. They see $35K electric robots that perhaps you could auto-uber out when you aren't driving the car. Elio wasn't that.

I'm sadder than sad. I wanted a non-robot car that I could repair. Even electrified, the Elio would have represented, for me, freedom from the surveillance car culture we're having rammed down our pieholes. Unless the Elio core group has some wonderful benefactor that could give me my prize, I thnk we've been tech-headed out of a car for the masses of the non-rich. They believe the future is with robot cars, and we're not invited without one.

It's been wonderful. I hope a miracle pops forth. And have mercy on Paul Elio. He worked his ass off and may have lost all. Thank you, Mr. Elio. Baring magic powers, there is nothing else you could have done.

2. Rob Croson

Rob Croson Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    This is blatantly, and demonstrably, wrong.

Watashiwah likes this.
  3. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

Maybe the US Govt. needs to come up with a ESTVM (Existing Simple Technology Vehicle Manufacturing) which then Elio would fit the bill. I think that Elio applied for the wrong loan since the Elio is not Advanced in any way.

Watashiwah likes this.
  4. Watashiwah

Watashiwah Elio Addict

Setting aside the, not so, little fact that no engine performance numbers were ever produced (either w/Geo or IAV prototypes), by all standards this ‘existing technology ICE vehicle’ can really only offer that it gets better fuel economy because it is simply a smaller two seater. It does nothing to mitigate parking and traffic issues, heck it may make those problems bigger!!

Call me blasphemous, but if we weren’t ‘into the Elio’ we would, and should, be livid as taxpayers that such a loan be made, and with such poor fiduciary oversight and financial interest.

RUCRAYZE, Samalross and Rickb like this.
  5. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

I am sure that with Pauls track record, he would never be considered

RUCRAYZE and Watashiwah like this.
  6. KenK

KenK Elio Addict

Penultimate:
    adjective
    1. next to the last:
    the penultimate scene of the play.

Does this mean we are going to get one more thought on the topic, or is someone misusing the word 'penultimate' again?

Sailor Dog, Maurtis and Watashiwah like this.
  7. Watashiwah

Watashiwah Elio Addict

Ken, I am hoping your comment is tantamount to the penultimate comment, as this is hopefully the paramount comment on this matter, since news from Paul is ultimately imminent!!!

Sailor Dog and KenK like this.
  8. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

Before we advance any further, only enigmatic words referenced from this will be allowed to be used:
    http://www.thesaurus.com

Sailor Dog, KenK and Watashiwah like this.
  9. Sailor Dog

Sailor Dog Elio Addict

:smiley_simmons:* Wonder whomever will wantonly whisper w------- wrong words willfully about ELIO in April! Sorry... it's late and I've got flu induced insomnia. So where's that sweetly (cough) syrup.

We're sure that the ELIO bashing will just morph into constant criticism about ELIO falling short of production goals, MPG @ 83.1 highway falling short of the hypermiler's wet dream, Consumer Report's half circle reliability rating falling short of perfection, and the first casualty will be blamed on ELIO safety falling short of immortality, while (on the very same day) there will be at least a 100 fold greater # of 2 & 4 wheel unfortunate incidents, etc, etc etc...

Meanwhile ELIO will sell like Bugs and the share price will soar (stock manipulation of course)... the cause of much consternation to anyone who 'knew' better but felt 'shorted'. Watch for our next post...a told you so after 4/1, so you know we're not fooling :smiley_simmons:*

*Don't take this post as serious commentary....swish :smiley_simmons:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Kuda, Johnny Acree, raptor213 and 2 others like this.
  10. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

Hope you are better soon. April will be an interesting month.

Kuda and Sailor Dog like this.