• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Penultimate Thought On The Atvm Loan People And Their Decision Making.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He works for NIST and it is a government funded agency. Did he have connections with the DoE?
https://www.nist.gov/people/hariharan-k-iyer
AF8479CC-639D-4579-9F01-27FCFC17E022.jpeg

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He worked with Paul Elio on the V- vehicle and ESG. Ask Google and Bill Aikman how much money they lost and how much ESG made. He might have used his previous name, can't remember what it was.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at the wrong one. His name is actually Hari Sankara Ilyer (the S from ESG Engineering). He's the VP of ESG Engineering which is out of Phoenix, AZ. Plus he was the COO of Elio Motors but is now the CEO of Yoyo. I also noticed that Paul Elio and Bob Glaspie (the G of ESG Engineering) are all on board with Yoyo.

I did notice that Hari was involved with that V-Vehicle who changed their name to Next Autoworks (who got turned down for the ATVM loan). Then there's a reference to him working at Envia Systems which was involved at some lawsuit with GM. I seen on a search that Paul, Hari and Next Autoworks got patent # 8079635 approved in 2011.

Here's why Hari is my hero. This guy has it all and I've never heard of him. I checked his name on the Elio website and got this:
Hari Iyer resigned as our Chief Operating Officer on May 31, 2016. Effective June 1, 2016, we entered into an independent contractor consulting agreement with Mr. Iyer. Under the terms of the agreement, Mr. Iyer will continue to advance our ATVM loan application. The agreement has a term of one year and requires payment of $10,000 per month. We paid $50,000 to Mr. Iyer as a back-end retainer covering the last five months of the agreement’s term in June 2016.
That guy is brilliant. Come to find out, he got $50K up front and only got paid another $30K before Elio ran out of cash. Leading up to that, he did get $109K in salary before his conversion from employee to consultant, all while still being VP of ESG. Hari is my hero and I want to be just like him. Looks like he hasn't created anything but he has some great titles and got paid lots of money over the last 10 years. That's an engineers wet dream.

You all got to search Linked In and Google. They are a goldmine of info.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's kind of ironic that Hari started a company that is devoted to non car ownership then got Bob Glaspie and Paul Elio on board. I thought that Elio was all about car ownership, not being involved with something that is the exact opposite.

https://www.fundable.com/yoyo

It makes sense if Paul Elio was hoping to use Elios as the commuter/economy tier of the YOYO service. Cheap cars for the YOYO fleet, extra exposure and testing miles for Elio.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It makes sense if Paul Elio was hoping to use Elios as the commuter/economy tier of the YOYO service. Cheap cars for the YOYO fleet, extra exposure and testing miles for Elio.
It does make sense. With Elio being the PR machine, you'd think they would have told everyone about this because it's literally a way to get VC's interested. I assume this Fridays blog will be about the partnership with Yoyo and how they will be building 100 fleet cars for that company.

Imagine the PR from that. I could use my iPhone and get an Elio whenever I want and before all of the SIL's.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that he is with Yoyo anymore, with Pambian Systems. Looks like YoYo is not going to take off anytime soon. Trying to crowdfund a million dollars

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that he is with Yoyo anymore, with Pambian Systems. Looks like YoYo is not going to take off anytime soon. Trying to crowdfund a million dollars
Yoyo is only $99 dollars to join and there are some great reviews on the website. It also tells you that car ownership is broken and they fixed it. So, I'd assume that the three guys that are named after ESG Engineering believe in it, then it must be true. Why would they do something like this? Car ownership is broken and they literally fixed it. I think this is a good thing because this allows for anyone on the sidelines for an Elio to just use Yoyo and see if they really want to get into car ownership. In the end, Paul along with his ESG partners win no matter what. People want car ownership, Yoyo fails if we want it, then Elio Motors wins. It's better than Elon Musk telling what we want. We now have a choice.

Top Bottom