• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would have thought PB would be like McDonalds........as a chain their is consistency and you know exactly what to expect.
I'm glad I have no PB nearby which means I will happily take my Elio to the good old days wrench turning local certified mechanic I trust........that's assuming EM honors the warranty work in non-PB shops.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I have seen posts on FB from the EM marketers, when asked about Pep Boys.... EM plans to certify a Pep Boy mechanic (or two) at each Pep Boys site. Boom, you've got a dependable knowledgeable mechanic to perform work and warranty work. When asked, the EM marketer said that EM plans to certify other mechanics in locations where there's no Pep Boys close. They didn't mention how far is "close", so whatever that number of miles is... so Rick, you'll probably need to chat with EM when delivery gets close (as will I) and ask them where do I go to get warranty work done.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are Mercedes dealers I will never take my car back to.
I have found Lexus Dealers to be spot on uniform with quality Sales and Service. They set and maintain the standards. Others should be able to do it. I doubt Elio will influence or change PB current standards which need improvement based on many customer reviews.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have seen posts on FB from the EM marketers, when asked about Pep Boys.... EM plans to certify a Pep Boy mechanic (or two) at each Pep Boys site. Boom, you've got a dependable knowledgeable mechanic to perform work and warranty work. When asked, the EM marketer said that EM plans to certify other mechanics in locations where there's no Pep Boys close. They didn't mention how far is "close", so whatever that number of miles is... so Rick, you'll probably need to chat with EM when delivery gets close (as will I) and ask them where do I go to get warranty work done.
Elio certification doesn't insure dependable.............knowledgeable yes, only if they successfully pass Elio's Certification Training Program.........with an assemble an Elio from the ground up final test..........not one of the reservation Elio's.

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This vehicle is so basic in design I don't see where you have to be a "master technician" to work on it. When you really look at the vehicle, what is there to be done to it on a "service schedule" that most people can't do themselves? If a warranty problem exists, I would have confidence that Elio would stand behind it and Pep Boys would do the same.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This vehicle is so basic in design I don't see where you have to be a "master technician" to work on it. When you really look at the vehicle, what is there to be done to it on a "service schedule" that most people can't do themselves? If a warranty problem exists, I would have confidence that Elio would stand behind it and Pep Boys would do the same.
I agree that the Elio is basic which is my point that any certified mechanic should be able to service it and EM certified do warranty work........the key words are trust, quality, and dependable............mechanics that you know and TRUST to do only the work needed, with QUALITY parts, and guaranteed do it right the first time DEPENDABLE every time your vehicle is in their service bay. It's not rocket science it's good business.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has a lot riding on Pep Boys and this can be a win-win for both Elio and Pep Boy if they are serious about offering quality service at PB facilities. Both have a lot to gain as well as a lot to lose if everything "goes south"

Last edited:

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Though exactly how this is supposed to work is going to need some definition. There's a grand total of one (1) Pep Boys service center in all of Missouri, and that one is not in Kansas City or St. Louis, where Elio stores are supposed to land.

If designed correctly I can't see where this Elio is going to need a lot of service. For routine stuff like oil and filter changes any Jiffy Lube can do that or you can do it yourself. The only time I can see where the company maintenance facility would be required is for a recall of some item. Since Paul is using mostly off-the-shelf parts with a proven track record I'm hoping this Elio is going to be very reliable and require only normal servicing that anyone can perform.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll do all my own wrench turning, thank you :)

No changing now after 45+ years :D

There are NO more mechanics nowadays, anyway......they are all just "parts changers" doing what the software tells them......NO wrenching skills or even a hint of HOW to figure out a problem

IF IT AIN'T ON THE COMPUTER....THEY'RE LOST :mad:

Top Bottom