• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not long ago most companies had in house education systems that taught skills for learn how to apprenticeship was a way to move forward. I know people that are able to hammer weld. repair things in general. Most assembles today are not built to be repairable. Don't blame the messenger.

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's going to be rather simple to fiddle with if you already know what you're doing. One blessing will be that I imagine it'll have one vacuum line to actuate the HVAC, not like the late 80's vacuum jungles. Electronically Distributed spark system so no distributor to mess with. No carburetor since it'll be port fuel injected, and likely no return line to help with fuel efficiency. If a head gasket or something major goes on the engine or transaxle just lift the body off the front subframe to access everything using a $150 harbor freight engine hoist.

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree that the Elio is basic which is my point that any certified mechanic should be able to service it and EM certified do warranty work........the key words are trust, quality, and dependable............mechanics that you know and TRUST to do only the work needed, with QUALITY parts, and guaranteed do it right the first time DEPENDABLE every time your vehicle is in their service bay. It's not rocket science it's good business.
I have found over the years, the only mechanic you can trust is either yourself, or the one that you grew up with!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have found over the years, the only mechanic you can trust is either yourself, or the one that you grew up with!
Oh, my! I am in big trouble. I have no skills for fixing my car and I don't even live near anyone I grew up with. Of course my routine answer for where are you from is "what year?" :p :rolleyes: :) Z

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No Pep Boys in my local area (50 miles away) but by late 2015 when deliveries begin (we hope) there should be plenty of service centers available. Besides, most "service" needed on newer vehicles is squeaks,rattles and other trivial "problems" people complain about when they drop 40-50 grand on a vehicle. I would like to do my own maintenence on mine but we'll see what the warranty allows- custom sound system is a must!

Michaelx

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Though exactly how this is supposed to work is going to need some definition. There's a grand total of one (1) Pep Boys service center in all of Missouri, and that one is not in Kansas City or St. Louis, where Elio stores are supposed to land.
I have somewhat similar concern. I live in the cluster of states that have no pep boy at all. Looks like the nearest one is 6+ hours away. I sure hope others service providers get on board.

Top Bottom