• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't they have to pay Pep Boys?

Elio will have to pay Pep Boys for services provided under the vehicle warranty.

As to a prior question as to why not have their own service centers, I would remind us that the big auto service centers are run by 'dealers,' which Elio is not going to have. It would cost many millions of dollars to open the hundreds of service centers to do their own service. The other reason for not doing their own service, and how it relates to cost is all the Elios are going to be new (at least for a while), so the service centers would be mostly sitting empty and not generating revenue. So, if you spend many millions and they are not paying you back, the only way to recoup this cost is through higher cars prices.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio will have to pay Pep Boys for services provided under the vehicle warranty.

As to a prior question as to why not have their own service centers, I would remind us that the big auto service centers are run by 'dealers,' which Elio is not going to have. It would cost many millions of dollars to open the hundreds of service centers to do their own service. The other reason for not doing their own service, and how it relates to cost is all the Elios are going to be new (at least for a while), so the service centers would be mostly sitting empty and not generating revenue. So, if you spend many millions and they are not paying you back, the only way to recoup this cost is through higher cars prices.

I've read that Elio is going to have dealerships all over the country, but I'm guessing from your statement that none of them will have service depts.? Is that correct?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've read that Elio is going to have dealerships all over the country, but I'm guessing from your statement that none of them will have service depts.? Is that correct?

Sort of. There will be no dealerships, per say. There will be company owned sales centers all over the country. They will not have service centers.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was thinking, for the benefit of being their sole mechanic.

in an association between EM and PB, PB is the one likely to have the major financial gain .... they would make money on all parts sold and services rendered .... I could see EM negotiating to reduce warranty charges or something like that in exchange for PB being given the exclusive franchise

Jim

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or throw darts at. :) Z

Of course Rickb and I don't have to worry. No PB in our states.
No PB! O my! What are we to do? Maybe Elio should provide a Pep Boys Dart Board with every purchase to pass the time while waiting for Pep Boys Service.

I think some bright young future mechanic just graduating from an ASE certiified auto mechanics program should start a specialty Elio Prep and Service Center Franchise in regions where there are no Pep Boys. Could call it Prep Boys.

Top Bottom