• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't taken a Community College mechanics course in well over 30 years so my knowledge of modern training is dated .... I know I'd of love to have had a video to watch instead of the text we used .... no matter the training materials source, I feel pretty sure that it still needs to be followed with hands-on, in the garage work

Jim

walt

Reaction score
So now we know why the maintenance departments at each Elio store doesn't have to be that large. From press release...

PEP BOYS HAS BEEN NAMED THE OFFICIAL SERVICE CENTER OF ELIO MOTORS

It's a quantum leap toward our dream!

Pep Boys, the multi-billion dollar, nationwide retail and service center chain, is the official service center for Elio Motors! With hundreds and hundreds of stores across the US, Pep Boys is the ideal partner we've been looking for. They have the reach, experience, and brand recognition to satisfy our customers in all areas of service and maintenance.
How did this come about? I have had 2 experiences with Pep Boys.They were both bad.I don't have a reservation for an Elio and this makes me more apprehensive about getting one.
(link to EM site not working for me. hopefully for someone else?)
how di

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just never pictured Pep Boys employees as someone I'd want turning wrenches on my vehicle...they're okay for looking up parts and stuff, but do they actually have certified mechanics? I guess I don't understand why Elio wouldn't have done it the opposite way, in other words, the Elio dealership would be the primary place to take it, and Pep Boys would be like the back-up place for maintenance...

Elio is doing it the way it had set up with Pep Boys doing warranty work, in order to be able to produce an Elio for you and everyone $6,800.00. That is the bottom line<> Enjoy your $6,800.00 Elio while getting 84 mpg hwy <> I will and other Elio owners will also!
The Elio $6,800.00, 84mpg, air bags, warranty, aerodynamic, roll cage, transport two in tandem, new engine/trans designed for high fuel mileage, speed up to 100mph, an autocyle (lower insurance, lower license tags), comes with AC-power window door locks, engine that is capable of 200,000 miles (reliable/quality parts-blue chip suppliers), weight is 1,240 lbs, enclosed for all weather driving.
A Paul Elio dream/vision come true for us to provide us 84 mpg hwy, because of rising gasoline prices. Paul Elio did it :-) there was a need, a market... I thank you Paul Elio, Elio Motors,Suppliers, the Team!! Thank you for providing us will an autocycle (Elio) to get to work and back so that half of our paycheck is not going to the gasoline stations. 84mpg......
Terrence <>
:)

Top Bottom