• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio gets their production right there should be little to no issues with the car. My last new car bought in 2004 has had zero issues. Other than normal maintainence, tires oil etc. I expect the same from the Elio, they are not breaking new ground here at all. Except for the engine which can be tested before it goes into production. I for one am not worried about it, I can fix almost anything that goes wrong as long as I can get the parts. The other question is how quickly am I going to put 36,000 miles on the car? If it drives well it will not take too long, and almost any part will last 3 years nowadays. Unless of course it is a total lemon.

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be huge for Elio to drum up more word of mouth and reservations if there was a presence at pep boys
There is no money in it for Pep Boys right now, no cars in production and nothing to sell or service. I wonder if part of their deal with Elio is exclusivity to get Elio OEM parts and accessories. Most dealers will tell you there is little $$$ in warrantee work as they have to work standard rates and not big mark up there....as no parts mark up.
I doubt they will look at training or implementing Elio service procedures until production is ready to start, that way there will be trainers available for technicians.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no money in it for Pep Boys right now, no cars in production and nothing to sell or service. I wonder if part of their deal with Elio is exclusivity to get Elio OEM parts and accessories. Most dealers will tell you there is little $$$ in warrantee work as they have to work standard rates and not big mark up there....as no parts mark up.
I doubt they will look at training or implementing Elio service procedures until production is ready to start, that way there will be trainers available for technicians.
BUT, have YOU CHECKED THE standard rates? They aren't hurting.
It's like Buffet saying he lost 20 million and is going broke.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Wow, on Nov 5 2014, do we have some new stuff to discuss or what? lol

Question: on the newly revamped www.eliomotors.com, there is the following, w.r.t. Service Centers:
"We are also working with Pep Boys to develop ways of bringing solid service options to Elio owners in areas where Pep Boys stores are not present. As you read this, our guys and theirs are deeply immersed in developing the game plan. So as soon as all the i’s and t’s are dotted and crossed, we’ll go public with the details."

Anyone want to take a shot at translating this for me? How can Pep Boys assist in service options in areas where Pep Boys have no locations? Why would Pep Boys care?

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just never pictured Pep Boys employees as someone I'd want turning wrenches on my vehicle...they're okay for looking up parts and stuff, but do they actually have certified mechanics? I guess I don't understand why Elio wouldn't have done it the opposite way, in other words, the Elio dealership would be the primary place to take it, and Pep Boys would be like the back-up place for maintenance...

Last edited:

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you don't live near a PEP BOYS, my brothers and I will gladly come over and "really fix" your Elio.

DSC_0064.JPG

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just never pictured Pep Boys employees as someone I'd want turning wrenches on my vehicle...they're okay for looking up parts and stuff, but do they actually have certified mechanics? I guess I don't understand why Elio wouldn't have done it the opposite way, in other words, the Elio dealership would be the primary place to take it, and Pep Boys would be like the back-up place for maintenance...

I would hope they were at least ASE certified. But yes, I hear ya.

Top Bottom