• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
so long as its under warranty, I'll take it where EM will pay for it .... once is out of warranty, I'll make a decision based on the quality of warranty service as to where I'll take it

Jim
Elio has said they will work out an alternative arrangement for owners not having access to Pep Boys so all should be good.

I posted the question about the lack of employee awareness of the Elio Motors Partnership on Pep Boy's FB Page.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Elio has said they will work out an alternative arrangement for owners not having access to Pep Boys so all should be good.

far from not being near a Pep Boys, they are springing up like weeds in our area .... one just opened 4 - 5 miles from the house and there are 4 more (either open or under construction) within a 15 - 20 min drive

I posted the question about the lack of employee awareness of the Elio Motors Partnership on Pep Boy's FB Page.

please post what you find out

Jim

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Pep Boys here in town was replaced by Auto Zone years ago after going out of business.
I asked on face book if my mechanic could do the work and they said yes but he couldn't do warranty work.
I am very leery of Auto Zone or Pep Boys. My experiences with both haven't been good.
Hopefully the thing will run like a top and won't need much more than an oil change.
MK

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Pep Boys here in town was replaced by Auto Zone years ago after going out of business.
I asked on face book if my mechanic could do the work and they said yes but he couldn't do warranty work.
I am very leery of Auto Zone or Pep Boys. My experiences with both haven't been good.
Hopefully the thing will run like a top and won't need much more than an oil change.
MK

understood as it mirrors our experience with Pep Boys .... in our area they have a good bit of work to do in order to build a favorable reputation for anything more that changing oil and mounting tires

Jim

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
far from not being near a Pep Boys, they are springing up like weeds in our area .... one just opened 4 - 5 miles from the house and there are 4 more (either open or under construction) within a 15 - 20 min drive

please post what you find out

Jim
Good to hear you will have convenient access to any warranty work. I will let you know if they comment on my Elio question. It looks like active dialogue on their FB Page with daily replies and comments. I am very curious.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's certainly not Paul Elio's business model and don't think he would partner with a company that didn't share his business philosophy...........wait a minute........maybe he has. Manny, Moe, Jack, and Paul!
Paul's business philosophy is to sell a product at a profit. Pep Boys' business philosophy is to sell a product at a profit. Same philosophy.
I think your difficulty is you are not thinking like a business. Business is selling stuff for a profit. There is no profit right now in spending the time (money) bringing thousands of employees up to speed on a business proposition that may never happen.
Irregardless I am using my trusted mechanic for service work.
"Irregardless" ain't a word. ;) Well OK, it is, but "regardless" is a better word. :D

I am with you though that Pep Boys will only be allowed to do warranty work that I can't convince them just to give me the part so I can do it myself. I will do all other work. They are a giant corporation interested only in profit so they pay their mechanics poorly and get what they pay for.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps a little too premature but talked (via phone) to Pep Boys store managers (Waco and Dallas).
They currently have no information what-so-ever concerning future Elio service arrangements or policy.

Anyone try to talk to Pep Boys personnel in your area ?
Yes, I posted before something like: Wore my t-shirt into Pep Boys (Columbia SC). The two guys at the service counter knew about the Elio. One said his wife was trying to get him to reserve. They said management hadn't done anything specific by way of training yet, but it was still early. I would have liked to see maybe a poster or display but that will probably happen as we get closer to production.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also, I'm not aware of any general repair chains except Pep Boys with close to nationwide coverage, except for the new car dealers. Sears used to be in the game, but they seem to be fading out fast. There are the brake repair chains, maybe some tire chains, and the oil change shops, but they don't do general repairs. It would be challenging for EM to enter separate contracts with independent repair shops all over the country and then keep up with the oversight.

Top Bottom