• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Perhaps a little too premature but talked (via phone) to Pep Boys store managers (Waco and Dallas).
They currently have no information what-so-ever concerning future Elio service arrangements or policy.

Anyone try to talk to Pep Boys personnel in your area ?
If fact I was at one of my current Pep Boys where I go for parts and asked a couple of employees that have been there for at least five years and neither of them have even heard about the "Elio" yet. Boy , if I would have had a nice balanced crankshaft I would have gladly enlighten them until they both knew how to spell it backwards and for words in five different languages. Their best of advice was to go to their Facebook web site and ask the question there. Soooo! I did . Lets see if I get any type of answer, even if it's just a subject the corporate offices have mentioned over lunch of nuts and bolts.o_O

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
nice pics .... can they align the back tire with the machine shown ?

Probably not, but then it probably doesn't need it. It likely isn't really adjustable anyway. A little bit of careful measurement is probably enough to get the thrust angle right. Two wheel alignment is really plenty on a three-wheel vehicle, I think.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No Pep Boys in the state and none coming so no need to check with them.
Well, you'll get such great mileage you can drive to another state with a Pep Boys for service for just pennies. ;)

Are there any other service chains that are popular in the states where Pep Boys isn't? I don't remember what Elio has said about those states? Do you or have you asked?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No Pep Boys in the state and none coming so no need to check with them.

The chickens are getting ready to hatch and no one to care for them. Talk about some unhappy customers if that doesn't change.
With that knowledge getting out I wouldn't doubt if it doesn't put others in some areas on the fence.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The chickens are getting ready to hatch and no one to care for them. Talk about some unhappy customers if that doesn't change.
With that knowledge getting out I wouldn't doubt if it doesn't put others in some areas on the fence.

I won't hold it against them. I knew going into this that there were no pep boys here nor would there be. I deal with it as it comes

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree that Pep Boys promoting the Elio would be useful. But you have to think like a business. From their perspective it's far from a sure thing and it would hurt their business if they start promoting it and it never happens. We'll have to get much farther down the road to production before it makes business sense for the Boys to begin promoting the Elio.

to me if they have such reservations/doubts, they should never have agreed to partner with Elio Motors .. :confused:

Jim

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A simple sign on the window would do wonders...When Elio starts production we have been asked to handle their service accounts. Stay tuned for more information on the Elio.

Last edited:
Top Bottom