• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, we are not wasting our time discussing the Elio. I just don't like wasting other people's time. The managers at the local level have little to no influence over a huge, profit-driven public corporation. Hassling them only makes their day longer.

I agree that Pep Boys promoting the Elio would be useful. But you have to think like a business. From their perspective it's far from a sure thing and it would hurt their business if they start promoting it and it never happens. We'll have to get much farther down the road to production before it makes business sense for the Boys to begin promoting the Elio.

If you really want to influence Pep Boys, buy their stock so you can attend their shareholder annual meeting and vote on their board members. You can also contact Pep Boys corporate through their Investor Relations and bend their ear:
http://www.pepboys.com/about_pep_boys/investor_relations
I just think it's odd. They don't have to promote it, but surely store locations should be aware of it through corporate memos or employee newsletters. Knowing the direction your employer or business is taking should be of interest not a hassle to the most dedicated managers and employees in general. If hassled they need to look for different work. I won't use a Pep Boys to service my Elio and have no interest in PB stock. It's not FAR from a sure thing..........that would have been back in '08. Nobody else thinks it's odd?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Beyond the formal PB partnership announcement made by Elio...........another reason I think it's odd that PB stores are unaware of the Elio is that PB's management, mechanics, and sales staff are in the automotive field and would or should be interested in any break through vehicle that may be coming to market. Exposure simply by reading trade publications or even reading the local newspaper.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I doubt their tire alignment equipment is setup for a 3-wheeler .... I can't help but wonder if equipment even exist to convert their present systems to handle it

Jim

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just think it's odd. They don't have to promote it, but surely store locations should be aware of it through corporate memos or employee newsletters. Knowing the direction your employer or business is taking should be of interest not a hassle to the most dedicated managers and employees in general. If hassled they need to look for different work. I won't use a Pep Boys to service my Elio and have no interest in PB stock. It's not FAR from a sure thing..........that would have been back in '08. Nobody else thinks it's odd?
Until everything is finalized in the design of the vehicle it would be a waist of time to train anyone on the service section of the industry or to even have them involved till the point that they will be in the position to start working on the vehicles. To train now with the turn over in the industry would be a waist of time and money.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt their tire alignment equipment is setup for a 3-wheeler .... I can't help but wonder if equipment even exist to convert their present systems to handle it
Of course it exists. Three wheelers have been around for generations and there are several three-wheelers in production right now.

Does Pep Boys have it now? Probably not. But the only thing they need for their current two-wheel alignment equipment to work is support for the rear wheel. If they are floor-based alignment machines they will already work.

I have done my own alignment for years on my race and street cars. The Elio will not be difficult. It's not rocket science.

Top Bottom