• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pet Peeves

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Georgia we no longer have any toll roads in the state however we now have something even worse, toll lanes. The HOV lanes were apparently not being used to capacity so now they charge people who would not qualify for HOV lane access to use these lanes. The lanes are commonly referred to around here by the derogatory name 'Lexus lanes'. Basically those people who want to move along at 30 MPH on the Atlanta interstates during rush hour can now pay the government even more money for the right to use lanes their state and federal tax money already paid to build and maintain. :eek::rolleyes::(

Don't even get me started on traffic circle roundabouts that Americans have no idea how to properly use. :eek::mad:

If you want to see any even crazier idea that has become popular in the Atlanta area take a look at the "diverging diamond interchange" where we now get to drive on the left at times.o_O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diverging_diamond_interchange
El Paso, Texas has just opened its first diverging diamond interchange and within the first month experienced its first fatality. Unfortunately, the fascination with European concepts continues to expand in America.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been to Texas. Why does Texas have toll roads? That is an East coast thing. Please tell me Texas still has enough room they don't have toll roads. Roundabouts just found their way here, and I personally hate roundabouts. Send them back to Europe where they came from, where a country in Europe is about the same size as a county in Texas. Dallas/Fort Worth can have toll roads and even roundabouts, but please tell me not in real Texas, Not in the Panhandle, not in East Texas, or West Texas. Just Dallas/ Fort Worth.
Sorry to report, but toll road are all over Texas. Several in DFW proper. East Texas has some. I know Austin, San Antonio, and Houston have some. Haven't been to west Texas or the Panhandle since I was a child so I don't know, but I assume they do as well.

I have to take one to work every day. Costs me about $6 a day to get to and from work. I could take another route, but it would take me twice as long.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to report, but toll road are all over Texas. Several in DFW proper. East Texas has some. I know Austin, San Antonio, and Houston have some. Haven't been to west Texas or the Panhandle since I was a child so I don't know, but I assume they do as well.

I have to take one to work every day. Costs me about $6 a day to get to and from work. I could take another route, but it would take me twice as long.
El Paso has created it's first toll road as well. What the heck is going on with Texas? Are they becoming the European model for the US? Let's hope not.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Georgia we no longer have any toll roads in the state however we now have something even worse, toll lanes. The HOV lanes were apparently not being used to capacity so now they charge people who would not qualify for HOV lane access to use these lanes. The lanes are commonly referred to around here by the derogatory name 'Lexus lanes'. Basically those people who want to move along at 30 MPH on the Atlanta interstates during rush hour can now pay the government even more money for the right to use lanes their state and federal tax money already paid to build and maintain. :eek::rolleyes::(

Don't even get me started on traffic circle roundabouts that Americans have no idea how to properly use. :eek::mad:

If you want to see any even crazier idea that has become popular in the Atlanta area take a look at the "diverging diamond interchange" where we now get to drive on the left at times.o_O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diverging_diamond_interchange
Goof, we have one of those DDIs over in Springfield, Missouri, and you would be surprised how fast it moves traffic through. You just have to really pay attention to where to go!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, just reminded of a HUGE pet peeve of mine on the way into work this morning, and if this has already been mentioned, I suppose that could be another pet peeve of people on the forum...."people not reading the thread, and posting something that's already been discussed".

Anyway. You're sitting at a left turn signal. The dipsh*t at the front of the line is obviously distracted. The left turn arrow turns green, and they sit there for like 20 - 30 seconds (an eternity). They FINALLY remember they're driving a vehicle and peel around the corner, just in time for the rest of the traffic behind them to miss the light.:mad: I think I actually had a mini-stroke sitting behind this Beemer this morning.:confused:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyway. You're sitting at a left turn signal. The dipsh*t at the front of the line is obviously distracted. The left turn arrow turns green, and they sit there for like 20 - 30 seconds (an eternity). They FINALLY remember they're driving a vehicle and peel around the corner, just in time for the rest of the traffic behind them to miss the light.:mad: I think I actually had a mini-stroke sitting behind this Beemer this morning.:confused:

isn't that what your vehicle's horn is for ..;)

Top Bottom