• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pictures Of The P5 With The New Motor

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because it's the "production color" for a car that isn't in production yet, only seen on web pages where color saturation, etc. is not guaranteed to be specific, so my Elio Red Hot may not be your Elio Red Hot. We're not going to get a hard fix on any of the colors until we have the CMYK numbers, and even then things like sealants can alter the perceptions of the colors.
Your Red Hot will be my Marshmallow!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because it's the "production color" for a car that isn't in production yet, only seen on web pages where color saturation, etc. is not guaranteed to be specific, so my Elio Red Hot may not be your Elio Red Hot. We're not going to get a hard fix on any of the colors until we have the CMYK numbers, and even then things like sealants can alter the perceptions of the colors.
If that's the case the P5's custom Red Paint should be the most ultimate red hot finish known to mankind. My eye will not catch slight red color shade or hue variations unless they are setting side by side. A $6800 vehicle's Red Hot color and finsh level says it all.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you Muzhik. I have barked up this tree often enough -- but people don't get it that color, especially monitor color, is very inconsistent. Variables in the real world are the reflectivity of the surface, the depth and nature of the sealant, and any added chemicals (such as metallic bits) added to the paint.

Even the "popsicle" P4 looks very muddy in certain lights, and tends to photograph a bit green if the sun angle hits it just right.

So blue isn't blue, red isn't red, and yellow isn't yellow. It all depends, and I for one want to see it in the flesh, so to speak. But the on-screen version of Hot Red specs out to be around 40% blue (measured in RGB) -- I know, because I took the trouble to spec it out in Photoshop, and posted the results somewhere here. That's enough to shade it towards purple, and definitely to make it look very muddy if applied somehow to metal. I'm confident that's not what EM has in mind! If they want a really hot red, they'll put maybe 20-30% yellow and 5-10% black in it. That'll pop.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's a collage in the latest email with a few different angles.

Elio_P5_engine_from_email.jpg

Top Bottom