• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we are on our way from North Carolina to South Dakota and are currently in a campground near St Louis .... while out for a walk this morning I got my first look at a Polaris Slingshot ..... this is the first time I've ever had an opportunity to see one up close .... its an interesting rig that I'd love to drive but have absolutely no interest in owning

150603 002 slingshot 002.jpg
150603 002a slingshot 001.jpg
150603 002b slingshot 001.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They definitely chose style over efficiency there. I'd love to take one for a spin but I'm not sure it would be any more fun than say a Miata... plus, I could put the top up in the blazing sun around here!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
its my understanding that the base price on a 2015 is right at $20,000 .... no clue what the base model includes or what additional options are available ....

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we are on our way from North Carolina to South Dakota and are currently in a campground near St Louis .... while out for a walk this morning I got my first look at a Polaris Slingshot ..... this is the first time I've ever had an opportunity to see one up close .... its an interesting rig that I'd love to drive but have absolutely no interest in owning

View attachment 5786 View attachment 5787 View attachment 5788

Can you imagine trying to detail one of those after it drove down a muddy road? :(:confused::eek::oops:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Can you imagine trying to detail one of those after it drove down a muddy road? :(:confused::eek::oops:

this morning we awoke to the sound of rain on the roof and we looked out to see large areas with water standing .... I suspect that the Slingshot will be parked for most of the day and if they take it out before the roads dry, they may well have some detailing to do .. :confused:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, I used the wrong term. I meant tread or track width. So, I looked it up.
Slingshot Track width = 69.1"
Elio Tread Width = 66.8"

thanks for doing so .... in just looking at both, I would have guessed that the Slingshot was a good bit more than 1.3" wider

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those Slingshots have the GM Ecotec motor in them. Good choice as my ecotec motor has 234,000 miles and cranks right up without hesitation

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 5786 View attachment 5787 View attachment 5788

YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO GO TO SOUTH DAKOTA . I HAVE SEEN ONE RUNNING AROUND WAKE FOREST !

WHEN I WENT TO THE GEORGIA MICROCAR SHOW , I SPIED ONE IN THE BACK OF BRUCE WEINER's SHOP .
HE HAS HAD A BUNCH OF EXOTICS LIKE AN ENZO FERRARI & McLAREN F-1 SO THE SLINGSHOT MUST BE PRETTY PEPPY .

IN THE FRONT OF THE SHOP IT WAS ALL PINBALL & GUMBALL MACHINES . INTERESTING GUY !
DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

Top Bottom