• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll - Are You Or Have You Ever Been A Motorcycle Rider?

Current, Former, or never been a Motorcycle rider

• Total voters

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So the moral is to stop riding your bike in the halls at the hospitals? or What?

In UK we see roadside signs telling us how many motorcycle riders have died along that stretch. We sometimes pass one in particular that indicated three deaths in the last five years. I commented to my wife at the time that going to a National Health Service hospital for a minor operation is statistically more dangerous than riding a motorcycle along that road.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me started on medical, um..."mistakes" :rolleyes:. I have become a firm believer in doing my own "research!"
Maybe we should start a thread on medical mis-diagnosis...should be good for a hundred pages, or so.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been riding for over 40 years.
Have ridden everything from Harleys to my present 2001 Honda Helix scooter :)

I had a Helix. Great little scooter! It was the one that started the whole "maxi-scooter" craze. Rock solid reliable. I have read of people putting over 100k miles on them! Sold it about 3 years ago. I got it with 16k miles, kept it for 2 years, sold it with 28k miles and almost doubled what I paid for it. . I loved it! Just could no longer justify the personal risks.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a Helix. Great little scooter! It was the one that started the whole "maxi-scooter" craze. Rock solid reliable. I have read of people putting over 100k miles on them! Sold it about 3 years ago. I got it with 16k miles, kept it for 2 years, sold it with 28k miles and almost doubled what I paid for it. . I loved it! Just could no longer justify the personal risks.
Point taken. I'm going to write up as too late for me too in that I'm 70 . Not worth the risks. I never got to own a scooter although I had a friend who let me ride his cushman huskey. At 3 hp and a centrifugal clutch. you crouched and ducked your head so as to maybe get to 35 mph.

Top Bottom