• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Possible Scam?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
so, is the consensus this call has a probability of being legitimate ???
As for the call the Otis received? I would have to say that call was bogus. No one has said they were called from one number and told to call back to a different number except Otis.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the first fishing attacks since the hacker community figured there was real money interested in the Elio. They are trying to figure out how to con into that. The first trials maybe just to test the waters for the volume of reactions.

One of the things they would !really! like to get is the Email list that SE now has.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The phone numbers don't check out, but also don't show up in the telemarketer aka scammer listings. (Second number does have one listing I could find from 2014 without much information.)

Network 1 does check out, kind of. Could be legit but I would have expected information from Elio about who was soliciting for them. Did you sign up for the investment opportunity?
http://network1financial.com/home.html
You guys are awesome internet sleuths!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got the call around 12:30 p.m. this afternoon.
Patrick Nicholas on behalf of Elio Motors. Same introduction. Called from one of the numbers mentioned and asked for a call-back at that same number.
Same voice answered immediately when I called back an hour later.

Said some shocking things.

Bottom line was that he was looking to give accredited investors a 50% discount on owning Elio stock.
Asked three simple questions to see if I qualified. Basically they were, "How much, How much and How much..."
Of course, he then told me that I wasn't qualified for the offer.

The shocking things? Wow are you gonna love this.

Said that PE and EM have been invited to do, and have decided on doing, an IPO on the Nasdac 4 WEEKS FROM NOW!
And said that Chrysler has offered to buy EM's Cafe Credits at the tune of $300,000,000 a year.
Also said that the time schedule now was looking at starting production in 2Q 2016 (most likely June or July).
He said that he (they) henceforth would be the only laison concerning investments until the IPO.
He mentioned the fact that Tesla had was losing money but their stock has done nothing but gone up.
Overall, it was a pretty quick, but good, sales pitch meant for qualified investors.

When he told me that unfortunately I didn't qualify for the 50% offer...
He said to still call him to buy EM stock after the IPO is announced/launched.

What was significant about this was he didn't mention a word about the 1A offering.
I didn't have the presence of mind to ask about it while I had him on the phone.
I got the impression that EM may skip the 1A and and IPO on Nasdac without it.

Of course on the other hand, if he's only involved in the private placement and not the 1A...
And he's (logically) also a general broker for profit...

Why would he mention the 1A when mentioning it might cost him commissions after the IPO.

If this information is true, the 1A offering should take place very soon or not at all.

So, there it is.

WTF?

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Patrick Nicolas. Same introduction. Called from one of the numbers mentioned and asked for a call-back at that same number.

Bottom line was that he was looking to give accredited investors a 50% discount on owning Elio stock.
Asked three simple questions to see if I qualified. Basically they were, "How much, How much and How much..."

Said that PE and EM have been invited to, and have decided to, do an IPO on the Nasdac 4 WEEKS FROM NOW!
And said that Chrystler has offered to buy EM's Cafe Credits at the tune of 300,000,000 a year.
Also said that the time schedule now was looking at starting production in 2Q 2016 (most likely June or July).
He said that he (they) henceforth would be the only laison concerning investments until the IPO.
He mentioned the fact that Tesla had was losing money but their stock has done nothing but gone up.
Overall, it was a pretty quick, but good, sales pitch for the qualified investors.

What was significant about this was he didn't mention a word about the 1A offering.
I didn't have the presence of mind to ask about it while I had him on the phone.

Of course on the other hand, if he's not involved in the 1A and he's a broker for profit...
Why would he mention it when mentioning it could cost him commissions after the IPO.

If this information is true, the 1A offering should take place very soon or not at all.

So, there it is.

WTF?

WFT indeed.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Patrick Nicolas. Same introduction. Called from one of the numbers mentioned and asked for a call-back at that same number.

Said that PE and EM have been invited to, and have decided to, do an IPO on the Nasdac 4 WEEKS FROM NOW!
And said that Chrystler has offered to buy EM's Cafe Credits at the tune of 300,000,000 a year.
Overall, it was a pretty quick, but good, sales pitch for the qualified investors.

Of course on the other hand, if he's not involved in the 1A and he's a broker for profit...
Why would he mention it when mentioning it could cost him commissions after the IPO.

So, there it is.

WTF?

Thinking about it some more... you should really send this transcript (of sorts) to Elio. If it IS indeed a scam, and it sounds like one, they may want to nip this in the bud right now.

Top Bottom