• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Potholes

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Part of what they're running into on that forum topic is the low profile tires.
When you have that small (short) of a sidewall, yes the handling is great, but the ride is harsh, and there is no flex to absorb impacts.
It passes it directly to the wheel (kind of like riding on the rim with just enough rubber to give it traction).
Since the Elio will have a much larger sidewall, I believe it will absorb a lot more impact from potholes and other debris on the road.

Wow. Just wow. This different vehicle attracts a different fan base. There doesn't appear to be many sheriffs on that forum.
No kidding; see what happens when you let it be a free for all? They should have at least an R rating going into that site.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio lighting for night driving potholes =>>>>>help

I am all in with an Elio. Great vision all the way around. I just hope the headlamps illuminate the road surface very well. My drive to and from work is mainly on country roads (22 miles). Those roads do not have road reflectors, no road lighting lamp posts. There are pot holes and road kill on these roads. I just hope the Elio lighting will be ample illumination on the roads surface and not just there so others can see us. I hope for ample lighting to view roadway surface (so I can spot potholes & road kill on my county 2-lane roads). Will fog lamp or lower front lights be an option (if just the two headlamps are not putting enough illumination on the road surface itself? I began riding motorcycles in 1968, motorcycle riding in the evening or early morning can confirm the normal beam was not the best for viewing the roadway surfaces clearly. A method of improvement then was to loosen two bolts and adjust down the headlamp (then sacrifice distance). I will not be able to do that on my Elio, so I just hope the two Elio headlamps also illuminate the road surface enough to spot potholes/roadkill on my way to work driving county roads in MD. I have enormous faith in Paul Elio and Team Elio:D! What percentage of the headlamp illuminated light must be visible downwards for the Elio (sub-motorcycle classification for headlamps)? We may have an advantage with Elio being classified under motorcycles for headlamps lighting the roadway surface or a disadvantage? Please some headlight light to illuminate down :rolleyes:
Thank you Paul Elio and Team Elio for this magnificent auto cycle 84 mpg hwy @ $6,8000.00!:D Thank you for this public rescue to get us work and back in this safe, weather proof autocycle @ 84 mpg! Hoorah for the ELIO :D

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is some interesting reading in there in regards to "fixing" the new vehicles. Hope our Elio's being a simpler concept, we don't have as many issues...

I have been reading through more of their posts and must say...the growing pains and similarities of issues that we ponder about are eerily similar. Start from "way back" and people whining about delays and such. Wiring and plugging stuff in for aftermarket goodies, etc. Actually boggles the mind how the paths are so very much the same!

But then, they do have product out there for purchase. Now...:boink:

I know, dammit, it is a different animal, but there is no denying how so very much the track remains the same.

Go Elio!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio lighting for night driving potholes =>>>>>help

I am all in with an Elio. Great vision all the way around. I just hope the headlamps illuminate the road surface very well. My drive to and from work is mainly on country roads (22 miles). Those roads do not have road reflectors, no road lighting lamp posts. There are pot holes and road kill on these roads. I just hope the Elio lighting will be ample illumination on the roads surface and not just there so others can see us. I hope for ample lighting to view roadway surface (so I can spot potholes & road kill on my county 2-lane roads). Will fog lamp or lower front lights be an option (if just the two headlamps are not putting enough illumination on the road surface itself? I began riding motorcycles in 1968, motorcycle riding in the evening or early morning can confirm the normal beam was not the best for viewing the roadway surfaces clearly. A method of improvement then was to loosen two bolts and adjust down the headlamp (then sacrifice distance). I will not be able to do that on my Elio, so I just hope the two Elio headlamps also illuminate the road surface enough to spot potholes/roadkill on my way to work driving county roads in MD. I have enormous faith in Paul Elio and Team Elio:D! What percentage of the headlamp illuminated light must be visible downwards for the Elio (sub-motorcycle classification for headlamps)? We may have an advantage with Elio being classified under motorcycles for headlamps lighting the roadway surface or a disadvantage? Please some headlight light to illuminate down :rolleyes:
Thank you Paul Elio and Team Elio for this magnificent auto cycle 84 mpg hwy @ $6,8000.00!:D Thank you for this public rescue to get us work and back in this safe, weather proof autocycle @ 84 mpg! Hoorah for the ELIO :D

If you're worried about lighting, I have just the thing for you

Small
Amazon.com: TMS LED-XT-18W30D-K 18W 1260LM CREE Spot Led Work Light Bar Black for off-Road SUV Boat 4x4 Jeep, 2 Piece: Automotive

41Vm1aSfWQL.jpg

41qw4sW4SGL.jpg

Medium

http://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Flood-Combo-Driving-Warranty/dp/B00WE47FVM/ref=pd_sim_263_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=418DST6wcaL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=06YQPMG82P9D2FBFZ91X

71X3qPUproL._SL1001_.jpg

71Fczh7VAnL._SL1001_.jpg

And OMG

Amazon.com: Auxbeam® 32" 180W Curved Led Light Bar 60pcs*3W PHILIPS LEDs Combo for Off-Road Vehicle Agriculture Vehicle Emergency & Rescue Vehicle Boat & Marine Vehicle ATV/UTV/Golf Cart Mining and Heavy Equipment: Automotive
61yEOHSoQiL._SL1300_.jpg

22" to 52"

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score

That was quick reply and moderator Coss at that, thank you eh. I do like purchasing from Amazon. This lamp is only $17.88 , that is not bad at all. The ad on Amazon does say it is waterproof, very good for rain and snow also. I does pivot so that could be pointed or angled down. Lots of plus items, yet it does say in the ad off road and boat use. I am not looking forward to drilling into the Elio body yet. I will keep you idea on file eh. The test will be driving my Elio in the dark on my country roads. Way to reply Elio Coss . Still curious about the lighting research/testing Elio will be doing. Coss, I'll see what is offered in Elio options when released. They may just do a spectacular job with headlamps as they are doing with the rest of the Elio! Carry on Paul Elio and Team Elio!:D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That was quick reply and moderator Coss at that, thank you eh. I do like purchasing from Amazon. This lamp is only $17.88 , that is not bad at all. The ad on Amazon does say it is waterproof, very good for rain and snow also. I does pivot so that could be pointed or angled down. Lots of plus items, yet it does say in the ad off road and boat use. I am not looking forward to drilling into the Elio body yet. I will keep you idea on file eh. The test will be driving my Elio in the dark on my country roads. Way to reply Elio Coss . Still curious about the lighting research/testing Elio will be doing. Coss, I'll see what is offered in Elio options when released. They may just do a spectacular job with headlamps as they are doing with the rest of the Elio! Carry on Paul Elio and Team Elio!:D
That $17.88 is for a pair of them.
I have a set (haven't put them on yet) but tried them, and they are Bright!!
I want to use one for a backup light on my Nitro (or I might use both) aim one high for tailgaters.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom