• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Potholes

Hilleygoat

Elio Fan
Reaction score
don't know where, but this too has been kicked around. Motorcyclists usually don't ride the center of a lane (road dodo and oil) well, me anyway. Too close to the shoulder, to close to the next lane all present obstacles to be addressed. I always took the outside of a lane so I could see past the car(s) in front of me. I've driven low riding tadpole bicycles (recumbents) and when riding over a middle something, always tried to lift my feet to avoid it
Were there instances where you ever straddled something with the front wheels and hit it with the rear. Or did you have a way that you maneuvered that is particular to 3 wheels?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Were there instances where you ever straddled something with the front wheels and hit it with the rear. Or did you have a way that you maneuvered that is particular to 3 wheels?
yep, I've even tried to go between the two linear lines/spaces between both front wheels and the centered rear
and yep I've had to make the decision to try and avoid by turning, or trying to aim for the sweet spot.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked this same question a while back, and the general consensus was "drive around it". :confused:

common-sense.jpg

:D - Love that poster!

runt2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The truth of the matter is that it is going to be more difficult to avoid potholes and debris. Going around it is a good option if you have enough time and/or low enough speed, but swerving at high speeds is not a good option in any vehicle. In those cases, I plan to straddle it with my front wheels and take my chances with the back wheel since hitting an object with my back wheel will be safer (more likely to maintain control) than either front wheel.

Top Bottom