• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pre Orders Just Under 136,000 Units

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, Would somebody who hasn't been drinking tonight please add 91 million and 18.7 million and divide that by 6,800. That's how many elios need to be made to pay for the machines to make the 'short block and the head, and the thingy to 'spray break the sleeves'.

Who is this fellow named Gino? He is not one of the board members? Regardless, he (Gino) didn't know he was being recorded IMO.
He has been a board member at least from 2010. First page on the right.

http://www.pontiac.mi.us/document_center/gers021010spec.pdf

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=24b371802c83d81776b06aa68&id=294e36db4d&e=3cd107a1b4

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think we're at 136,000 orders yet. The YouTube page for that video says it was uploaded March 2013. I'm pretty sure if Elio had a solid order for 125,000 units, they would be promoting that.
I am guessing that you did not see or hear the back story on that sale of 136,000 Elio's... The article I saw was that Paul Elio was offered a sale of 136,000 Elio's to China I believe, but the deal was that China would pay full price of $6,800 to Elio Motors for each of the 136,000 Elio's...But they wanted the rights to make them in China, using China made parts and labor... Paul Elio stated he would love to sell China 136,000 Elio's... But by plan, ALL Elio's will be built in the U.S./North America using U.S. made parts, then maybe a Canadian plant and a plant in Mexico as well, but those plants are well down the road... one step at a time...

This is just a article I read, or a video I saw... it may NOT be fact, But hope that answers your question about the 136,000..

Proud to be... an Elio owner... soon...#2225

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Neighbor Craig. I am looking at the eliomotors.com page. He isn't there. Maybe it's an over sight on that site.
Don't pull your hair out.... it will be built. I love it, JP. OK, this is do - able.
Hi.
Don't understand what's not there. Both links work and will provide the answers to the two questions you had in post #19. :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am guessing that you did not see or hear the back story on that sale of 136,000 Elio's... The article I saw was that Paul Elio was offered a sale of 136,000 Elio's to China I believe, but the deal was that China would pay full price of $6,800 to Elio Motors for each of the 136,000 Elio's...But they wanted the rights to make them in China, using China made parts and labor... Paul Elio stated he would love to sell China 136,000 Elio's... But by plan, ALL Elio's will be built in the U.S./North America using U.S. made parts, then maybe a Canadian plant and a plant in Mexico as well, but those plants are well down the road... one step at a time...

This is just a article I read, or a video I saw... it may NOT be fact, But hope that answers your question about the 136,000..

Proud to be... an Elio owner... soon...#2225
Thanks for posting that, Proud to be. That is exactly the story I also heard but it was either back in early March shortly after I joined this group, or way back in January when I first heard about Elio. As I read posts about this I was beginning to think I was nuts because no one else seemed to have heard it. So either we both heard the same story or we are both nuts. I'll take choice #1, and join you as an Elio owner. . . soon. . . LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom