• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prepped And Ready For E-series Assembly

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest, the more I look at it the more it does look like the door. The bulge is nearly as long as the body [assuming it's a one piece fairing], and the "object" we're debating looks too short.
I'll have the answer soon; I wrote to EM and asked them. As soon as I get a reply; I'll post it here.
So this topic is temporarily shelved until EM replies.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of the E's, anybody else see the new momentum post? It's really coming together!
It's the pictures from that News letter we're talking about ........

<edit>
The pictures we're talking about are from Momentum v58
The Momentum v59 (the latest) has the suspension shots, door cutaway, and the two guys putting the RF fender on.
Sorry, so much news, we're just not used to getting this much good news week after week.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those boxes I noticed beneath the rear tire skirting....
2ii76f7.jpg

Today we get another glance at them from the other side. Looks like it could be for storing the can of Fix-a-Flat or somesuch.
jzjm9c.jpg

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although, it looks like that panel everybody was speculating about--the one with a hole in it--probably isn't the door panel. The hole for the door handle is bisected by the panel lines.

I think what we were all seeing was more likely the gas cap hole in the starboard rear quarterpanel.

hwxw7t.jpg

Also, I must say that the fit and finish on the E-series vehicles looks so much better and more professional than the P5 build photos. It looks like a real production product!

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The rear shock is height adjustable and it looks like the front is too.
I wonder if shocks on the production version will also be adjustable.
Point 5 from my random observations post:
5. Still adjustable coil-overs all around, so they are still fiddling with final ride height and strut length. To be expected. We'll know it's really "production ready" when we see non-adjustable struts installed.

Point 7 is relevant too: Adjustable front suspension pushrod with unsealed Heim joints is not suitable for production either.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Although, it looks like that panel everybody was speculating about--the one with a hole in it--probably isn't the door panel. The hole for the door handle is bisected by the panel lines.

I think what we were all seeing was more likely the gas cap hole in the starboard rear quarterpanel.

hwxw7t.jpg

Also, I must say that the fit and finish on the E-series vehicles looks so much better and more professional than the P5 build photos. It looks like a real production product!
The Gas Cap hole is already in the Right side body panel.
We're talking about the panel on a stand towards the front of the picture
Here's the panel
Exhaust Panel.gif

And here's the Right body panel

Right Body Panel.gif

Top Bottom