• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Probability Of Success Of Investment Concerning Timing Of Various Down Payment Options.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, as I said before and believe more firmly as time goes by. Elio is being intelligent by selling the cars to the public pre-production, with the biggest plush to them being that the plant won't be idle and they won't have to pay storage on the vehicles. It will be seen as a huge success for year one even if sales were to suck. And the press will be all over it. Give them an easy story and they will run with it. Plus even with the costs of travel this ales team has to be as cheap as one can get...no garage, no show room, no offices...and insurance? Rofl.
Yep a very sound timetable and meshing of sales and then production....

And then they get all of us to sell their cars by just driving down the road.. Each one of us will be a poster. I am thinking of charging people 20 bucks to ask me the first question. Seriously I do not want to spend that much time being asked the same questions, and Elio hasn't offered any incentive to us to waste our time.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, as I said before and believe more firmly as time goes by. Elio is being intelligent by selling the cars to the public pre-production, with the biggest plush to them being that the plant won't be idle and they won't have to pay storage on the vehicles. It will be seen as a huge success for year one even if sales were to suck. And the press will be all over it. Give them an easy story and they will run with it. Plus even with the costs of travel this ales team has to be as cheap as one can get...no garage, no show room, no offices...and insurance? Rofl.

That timetable has been backed up a couple of times. Tesla and Corbin were farther ahead in deposits vs Elio.......It costs money to build prototype's, pay suppliers like Altair, engineers, securing the plant...So you just keep backing up production until you have enough deposits to fund production, instead of seeking another way to raise capital? Some people will not buy/put down a deposit until they see company have item in production.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That timetable has been backed up a couple of times. Tesla and Corbin were farther ahead in deposits vs Elio.......It costs money to build prototype's, pay suppliers like Altair, engineers, securing the plant...So you just keep backing up production until you have enough deposits to fund production, instead of seeking another way to raise capital? Some people will not buy/put down a deposit until they see company have item in production.
Their loss. Our gain.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some people will not buy/put down a deposit until they see company have item in production.
Indeed. For me the milestone is mass hiring of factory workers. When the parking lot at that factory in Shreveport is filled, I'll go all-in to the $1000 mark, but not before. The prototypes say Elio means to do it. Mass hiring says he will do it.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score

And then they get all of us to sell their cars by just driving down the road.. Each one of us will be a poster. I am thinking of charging people 20 bucks to ask me the first question. Seriously I do not want to spend that much time being asked the same questions, and Elio hasn't offered any incentive to us to waste our time.
Don't kid yourself. It'll take way more than that to move this ELIO to the production phase. I'm sorry to burst your bubble and bring you back to reality but if you're contented on the rising reservation numbers or the 100,000 LIKES and think that would be enough, you've got another coming. Funding is first and foremost the fundamental issue here which EM has not discussed let alone a hint of investors. No money, no honey!;)

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tried real hard today to get a hint of the finances and how much more would it take to make everything a go. Very vague answer as they are a private company. I said if we knew how much the goal was then we would really try to help them reach the number if it was atainable in the near future. Say, 10,000 all in for 1000. No comment. I'm sure that the finaces will be held close to the chest. I think he did say they were like $230.00 over the target price now.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. We shouldn't be content on "what we see". Let's dig deeper and find out if EM is transparent enough to disclose funding issues.;)

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tried real hard today to get a hint of the finances and how much more would it take to make everything a go. Very vague answer as they are a private company. I said if we knew how much the goal was then we would really try to help them reach the number if it was atainable in the near future. Say, 10,000 all in for 1000. No comment. I'm sure that the finaces will be held close to the chest. I think he did say they were like $230.00 over the target price now.
Thanks for trying bud! They gave me the same vague answer in Phoenix, AZ. ;)

Top Bottom