• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Putting The Fun Back In Motoring

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Curious who else shares some of the same sentiments?
Oh, I'm all for that, big time. The image to the left is the body I'd like to drop on one Elio chassis, and the other's I'll get I'll just drive.
But yes, seriously, you can even legally chop the body up and remove the windows (maybe relicense back to a motorcycle).
The cost is so low, it's a tinker's dream. The expectation is a huge grass-roots after market for garage manufacturing. Given the advent of 3d printing, well this could be very interesting indeed.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good afternoon, "Folks."

Though I am all in now, I can see and do understand your point about waiting a little longer before "leaping." Bet that there are a lot of little frogs out there on the highways today, wishing that THEY had maybe waitied a little longer before they too, leaped. :eek:
LEAPING LIZARDS, BATMAN!!!!!!

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw a picture of it on an iPhone at work went home, pulled up the web site an plunked down my grand for the sticker, tee shirt and Elio.
It took me 2 hours to get it and that was because I had to drive home to get on the site.
I am an impulse buyer and glad I am. At least this time.
MK

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Greetings from Alamo City, just ordered my $1000 t’shirt and bumper sticker (all-in). I had heard of the Elio a while back, but didn't think it had a chance of making it to the marketplace. After hearing about it again in the mainstream media last week and researching it extensively including reading 100's of threads here and elioclub.org, like most others I feel that Paul has the vision and determination to see this to mass production. I do have a few concerns, but I am getting more confident each day that there is sufficient backing and enthusiasm behind this to overcome those hurdles.

Growing up in a third-world county, I was tinkering on cars before I was 10. My first car was an almost 45+ year old 1949 Fiat Topolino which my parents help me buy in high-school. Spending at least a part of each weekend repairing something on it was the norm (a new head-gasket every 2 months was about right). Fast forward 2 decades, and while I do most of the routine maintenance on my car and my wife’s car, there’s not much else I can do (or have the desire to, really). This forum gives me the sense that there’s a good few us looking to get into this almost as a ‘grassroots’ type of project – just on a larger scale. The Elio is obviously a game-changer and will be considered as a ‘disruptive product’ by big oil and big auto alike if it catches on. But for me personally, the Elio is a game-changer taking motoring back to an era where it was just flat out fun and something to get excited about.

I fully expect the first year (or even first few years) of production to have more than its fair share of issues and at $6,800, it’s a project/hobby/toy to me and a chance to spend some time with my 10 year old son tinkering on it. But my big fear it that there will be a large percentage of those that expect it to be perfect from day one and give it a bad rap that will hinder the low-margin/high-volume model EM is banking on. But with the type of enthusiasm seen on the forums, I hope it’s enough to overcome and pull-through those perceptions should they occur. I really want this to succeed. I want motoring to be FUN again.

Curious who else shares some of the same sentiments?
Welcome to the forum and Elio family and congratulations on going "all in". You should have your number after Labor Day. Thanks for your well throughout post and we look forward to your future comments, ideas, and opinions..

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome AlamoElio, from another SATX area Elio fan! I'm probably going to stick with my $100 All-in reservation. Not because I don't want to go to $1000, but because I've got some other bills to pay and the extra $900 is earmarked for that. Come late next year, I will be standing on the shoulder of IH-35, watching you zip by in your Elio at least a few months before I get mine. <Jealous>

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I just returned from a trip to Australia and New Zealand and drove several right hand drive cars.
Why am I telling you this?
Because as I was driving along, all I had to do was close my left eye and it was easy to imagine driving my Elio. With the side of the car against my right shoulder it felt a lot like me in the avatar photo, sitting in P4. It's going to be a lot of fun gang, I can't wait for next September!
#1471 Silver Sunroof Navigation Leather

AlamoElio

Reaction score
Welcome AlamoElio, from another SATX area Elio fan! I'm probably going to stick with my $100 All-in reservation. Not because I don't want to go to $1000, but because I've got some other bills to pay and the extra $900 is earmarked for that. Come late next year, I will be standing on the shoulder of IH-35, watching you zip by in your Elio at least a few months before I get mine. <Jealous>

Howdy TWB, nice to see another San Antonian on here.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am only in for 100 now but will upgrade to the 1000 after I sit in it in December in Richmond. They have not come to my area yet and Richmond is the closest. I want to make sure it lives up to my expectations but I expect it will. I don't want to give any more until I see it with my own eyes.

Top Bottom