• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Questions About Composite Body

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just dropped my Mazda off for service tonight - a large dealer with a large Ford dealer on an adjoining lot in south Denver.

We had quite the storm system move through last night with lots of hail and EVERY car on both lots that I walked past was destroyed. It was easily several hundred....

Got me wondering about how the Elio's body panels will hold up to that kind of abuse. Will they chip?

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just dropped my Mazda off for service tonight - a large dealer with a large Ford dealer on an adjoining lot in south Denver.

We had quite the storm system move through last night with lots of hail and EVERY car on both lots that I walked past was destroyed. It was easily several hundred....

Got me wondering about how the Elio's body panels will hold up to that kind of abuse. Will they chip?
FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU IN CASES LIKE THIS AND SOME COMPANIES WILL EVEN GET YOU A 'MODEL YEAR NEWER' AS A REPLACEMENT!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The good news is that with all body panels only costing $250 combined, repair should be no big deal.
Is that something you heard on the grape vine? Since there is doubt about the final price of the Elio how can they put out a price like that?
You may get the fenders for $250,00 but I don't think you will get any more for $250.00.
When you say all body panels does that include fenders, hood, roof and deck lid?
What have you heard on the windshield replacement cost?

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't expect typical hail to damage the plastic panels. Hail storm in Spring Hill damaged top and roof panels on Saturns but they were metal. Saturn fenders were "plastic" and went undamaged. Some windshields were cracked in that storm. I am not familar with the exact "plastic" being used by Elio, but I woul not expect it to dent like the thin sheet metal of typical small cars.

Top Bottom