• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Questions For Upcoming Tour Event Wednesday, April 26, 2017

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Re: The TravelScoot. I just recently bought a used outside scooter for my father in law, as he has peripheral neuropathy, and doesn't get around well because of it, so I find myself paying more attention lately to mobility solutions, and that is slick as hell! We're renting a van in the fall to take them to Maine for a month, and it would be nice if we could rent a TravelScoot for him for the trip. :cool:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know it's off topic , but it is a cool/functional option for future Elio owners that can only walk short distances and no ramp, trailer, or receiver hitch platform required. I've had my 'Monster Trike' three wheeler EV for three years and it has proven to be my best investment ever in providing for convenient travel as well as for doing my local shopping in the big box stores.

Video showing both loading options:

Last edited:

Hootersnoocher

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Chip is a permanent figure on the team and I want to trust what he says. Much of the 'breaking news' I glean about the Elio stems from conversations with the Tour Team and Jerome and Pam in person.

That's why this snippet caught my attention. For years now, the company has been steadfast in their posturing from every angle (Facebook comments, TellMeMore@ElioMotors.com email replies, in-person remarks at public tour events, etc) that the Elio would not come with a standard or optional tow package from the factory. Their justification has always revolved around the vehicle's unique three-wheeled geometry and how adding a trailer or tongue weight could/would negatively impact handling and distort the logic parameters programmed into the Anti-Lock Braking System and Electronic Stability Control being tweaked on the E1a by Continental. It has always been a combined safety/liability argument opposing a tow package.

I would be ecstatic if they (read: Elio Motors on a legal, liability, and ultimate decision-making authority standpoint and Continental on a technical capability and safety standpoint) were evaluating this further.
Like I said raptor213, He seemed to be honest when I was asking and explained my need and and desire to incorporate something.

Top Bottom