• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

R.i.p. Prince...

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Let us continue to mourn Prince. But let us also mourn all of the other 78 people who will die today of an opiate drug overdose and let us, as a nation, ask our doctors to be more careful and to educate us more about the medications that they are prescribing to us or our loved ones."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016...every-day-opiate-overdoses.html?intcmp=hplnws

What happened to Prince is a tragedy but this has been going on for a long time with various drugs.
Back in the mid 80s my brother and I became concerned because our mother was acting confused and we were getting reports from her neighbors. As a result, I drove to my mothers house and inventoried all of her meds. Then I sat down with a PDR (Physicians Desk Reference). After a couple of days I discovered that because of name brands, the doctor had inadvertently double dosed her with digitalis.
The doctor should have caught it. The pharmacist should have caught it. I finally caught it because she was acting strangely. We all have a responsibility to keep track of what we are taking. The doctors, pharmacists, and others are only human. They can make mistakes.
Trust, but verify.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What happened to Prince is a tragedy but this has been going on for a long time with various drugs.
Back in the mid 80s my brother and I became concerned because our mother was acting confused and we were getting reports from her neighbors. As a result, I drove to my mothers house and inventoried all of her meds. Then I sat down with a PDR (Physicians Desk Reference). After a couple of days I discovered that because of name brands, the doctor had inadvertently double dosed her with digitalis.
The doctor should have caught it. The pharmacist should have caught it. I finally caught it because she was acting strangely. We all have a responsibility to keep track of what we are taking. The doctors, pharmacists, and others are only human. They can make mistakes.
Trust, but verify.
This hit's close to home. I just discovered I had been prescribed a new medication to replace one I was taking and the wrong medicine was discontinued causing me to double up one class of medication and go without another that I needed. I was hospitalized twice before discovering this error. I've never been the family pharmacist who knew the drugs. I just took them. But things have to change.

Thanks for the post.

Top Bottom