• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Radio Questions/audio Questions

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry. People who know they're being monitored behave differently. My experience is that music blaring is associated with erratic and dangerous driving. I suppose low volume music which does not hinder hearing the traffic and things around them that need a response from the driver MIGHT be OK. But high volume isn't one of the parameters described in the base report.

I'm positive that the people with blaring music and/or headphones have no idea of the havoc they cause on the road. So the self reporting would not even realize they had a problem.

So your experience tells you it's real? Were you riding with them, or just saw them go by? There are a lot of bad drivers out there, and I would guess some like to listen to music at higher levels. I don't think you can turn around and say that anyone who listens to music like that is an unsafe driver, though.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So your experience tells you it's real? Were you riding with them, or just saw them go by? There are a lot of bad drivers out there, and I would guess some like to listen to music at higher levels. I don't think you can turn around and say that anyone who listens to music like that is an unsafe driver, though.
I will not say they are unsafe. Only that they would be safer if they turned the music off or at least down to levels where they can hear input from their surroundings.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will not say they are unsafe. Only that they would be safer if they turned the music off or at least down to levels where they can hear input from their surroundings.
Agreed. I don't think anyone would argue that not being able to hear sirens or the screeching of brakes coming up behind you makes you a safer driver.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Next blind people will be able to get a drivers license, AKA self driving cars.

<Politico comment removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My brother has been deaf since birth and was able to drive without any problem whatsoever for 40 years. Honestly, he's a better driver than most. Deaf people have a heightened awareness of the other senses. I even found this out with the other that he knew that were deaf.

The problem with the rest of us that can hear, we rely on hearing and when we drown it out in really loud music, our other senses can't take over that quick (which is a problem with people that have have lost hearing when they are an adult). Music is no different than having a Harley with open pipes and wearing a helmet.

Funny thing is that his first job he got when he turned 16, was as a pizza delivery guy. Only real problem was, people thought he was retarded because the way he talked. In the end, deaf people probably are better at driving than the rest of us.

Top Bottom